• On the Farm/Ranch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhere else?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TXBobcat

Reaction score
A little different poll here. :)

I would venture to guess that the majority of the people on these boards either own, work, or live on a farm/ranch; however, I've often wondered when these people have the time to post on cattletoday.

Is it when you are at home on the farm/ranch, at work off the ranch, or somewhere else?

For example, I live and work on ranch; however, I have a full-time job in town. Nearly all of my posts are at my town job. :roll: Seems I'm too busy to post when I'm out on the ranch.

So, where are you at right now?

i stay on an work on the farm.i dont have a town job.an nor do i ever plan on having a town job.

I am at home. Took the week off befor school starts to be with my daughter. But my town job I can not use the internet. most of my posts are late at night befor bed.

As you may, or may not know, I am a construction superintendent, and I get to the farm every other weekend or so. Thankfully the wife and stepson take care of the place while I'm gone.

Heck, I'm not even in the same state!

I'm online here at the ranch in the office. THats where most of my posts come from nowadays.

I'm at home-- seems like alot of my work entails getting on the phone and doing books.And I have kids so I'm in and out taking care of them and the house too.
So while I'm forcing myself to sit down and do that stuff I check in to see whats going on(anything to put it off for just a few more minutes :) ).

This is also MY time- to socialize and read what ADULTS HUMANS are writing. Kinda like stopping into the store for a few minutes to chat :)

I also think of it in terms of networking the easy way- so I am contibuting to the business - Least thats what I tell Hubby :)

I am also at home on the ranch...right now!! Tomorrow, however, I will be back at our little 9 bed/2 bed trauma hospital where I make enough to help pay the bills, get school supplies, buy groceries and make it possible for the hubby to keep doing the job he lives for and loves with every fiber of his being....RANCHING!!! My next few days off could be spent on the rake so we can get our second cutting of alfalfa hay done and baled!! ;-) ;-) ;-)

I am at home, also. I generally get in somewhere between 7 and 9 (unless we are loading out hay) during the summer months, and then it is my time! :D I like to come here to chat, learn things, try to help, and just chill out before bed.

Where I'm at right now is in front of the computer writing this message, no joking aside, I am a retired teacher, looking after a friends two children for three days a week, was told by a relative who frequents this board to read one of his posts and have got hooked, I did say when I first came on I don't have and never have had, worked with cattle, but have a keen interest in Horses and help a friend with hers from time to time.
evryone said 'Welcome' so I have stayed and like reading about your lives with the cattle, and how different it is in your Country to mine, I find it very interesting....Chris

ranchwife":1b9krmg7 said:
I am also at home on the ranch...right now!! Tomorrow, however, I will be back at our little 9 bed/2 bed trauma hospital where I make enough to help pay the bills, get school supplies, buy groceries and make it possible for the hubby to keep doing the job he lives for and loves with every fiber of his being....RANCHING!!! My next few days off could be spent on the rake so we can get our second cutting of alfalfa hay done and baled!! ;-) ;-) ;-)
You are a good women,Kind of sounds like you've been reading my wifes mail.

carl

I mostly post somewhere's else--which is at school, which has quite a few wireless hotspots on campus. But I do get to a fair bit of posting from the farm, on days that I don't need to be at school.

Latest posts