When will my heifer calve?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a new bred heifer, that should be calving anytime now. I am wanting some expertise from you all as to possibly a good time frame. She is a 2 1/2 yr old black angus heifer. She has a full buldging milk back and is holding herr tail high. She also appears rather floppy in the rear and (sorry) has some mucous hanging. Is there a good way for me to know we are within a few hours? We just got her today..... :D

If she's carrying her tail like a pump handle and the mucus is sort of clear and not sticky, she's probably in labor now.

dun

We just got her today and I was hoping the stress of the drive over wouldnt bother her too much. This will be our first birth so its all new to me, however I have read a lot and seen pictures. Basically since I dont know how this heifer will react I plan to stay back and observe her for now. She is in a pen by herself but walking around and nibbiling on hay...

YEA a very cute baby bull calf arrived this morning and after some help is nursing and doing good... Thx for the help...[/img]

1st_bull_6.jpg
1st bull
1st_bull_7.jpg