what's up with the syrup bottles prior to bullet impact

Help Support CattleToday:

Moving faster than the projectile from that distance and not spreading out? I see how it might 'follow" the round, but how did it get in front of the round? Pretty tight grouping for little tiny particles of residue, but it may be exactly that.

Maybe funk left in the barrel from the previous round, then forced out ahead of the bullet? I'm not a gun person IDK

water/moisture on the bottles. I would think they would buy cases of the stuff to shoot and they get the cases that have damaged or broken bottles in them at a discount. I know that when I was in the grocery business that every time I had to stock the syrup section I would have to wash the bottles and let them dry because they were always sticky. I think the washed them before they did the shoot. :2cents:

Yep, I've went to pick up a bottle of syrup up from a store shelf and it wouldn't come loose from the shelf.

If it's moisture, I was thinking it was a sound wave moving ahead of the bullet that made it 'dance' like I've seen on a pond before when a strong wind was going across it or water dance on a piece of steel plate if yoa hit it with a hammer.... I don't know enough about soundwaves in sub and supersonic speed to know if this is possible or not.

It appears to be coming of the surface that the jugs are setting on
I would say it's water that was on the surface that was used to wash off the surface from the previous shots
As Hook said pressure (air) being pushed by the bullet

I think its the result of air mass speed. The bullet is travelling too fast for all the air to go around the bullet as it would under Stokes Law so what happens is air not able to go around the bullet essentially knocks air in front of the bullet out of the way. Not only does it knock it out of the way but it also compresses it which explains the droplets forming in front. The amount of air "pushed" out of the way is a function of air density, velocity of projectile and cross sectional area of the bullet. This air mass essentially knocks a hole in the air in front of the bullet and is a reason why you needn't make adjustments when shooting in the rain because you will never hit a raindrop because of this hole that is punched in front of the bullet. Oddly enough, this blob of air increases in speed and is a function of the drag on the bullet so in a way it grows in front of the bullet.

Or maybe I'm just wrong.

Latest posts