What's The Oddest Thing Your Pony Eats?

Help Support CattleToday:

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
Both my horses like wild grape leaves. My QH loves acorns and unopened sunflower buds. A big ugly grade horse I used to own loved flour tortillas. A friend of mine had a QH that would fight ya for a cheeseburger. :shock:

my horses don't eat anything unusual, but my 3 year old filly constantly chews her tounge! she does it when i ride her, when she is in her stall, all the time!thanx for your time
ss

Had an arab-quarter grey mare when I was a kid that liked those little "Red Hot" candies we used to get for Valentine's day... she looked like we put red lipstick on her!

THEN, when I was about 16, I had an Arab stallion that stole hamburgers off the grill once... and ate the wig off the neighbor's "Blind Date" he'd brought over. (Didn't see her again after that!) He had most of it chewed up by the time we got it back, LOL! Does that count?

I've had several four legged coldbeer drinking buddies. One friend of mine had a horse that would slip up and steal a bottle of coldbeer and turn it up and drink it. The big problem was he just dropped the bottles on the ground instead of putting them back where he got them.Z

Sounds like my steer...don't leave anything out you don't want taken and chewed up...or spilled...or smoked... :shock:

Alcie

The brother in laws QH likes beer and hell eat goldfish too. I know it sounds like bs but its true. I think he wants to belong to a Fraternity. I have a TB that likes chocolate. Seen him take a cookie from a sis in law when she wasnt looking.

got a mare that will try anything you give her, most of the time without even a warning sniff. loves most of it but i think her favorite is crackers

When I was a kid I had a pony that loved Doritos - Zesty Cheese flavour. He also loved beer. He'd pick a bottle up between his teeth and glug it down. Needless to say he was a favourite at horse shows.

I had a pony when I was growing up that would take anything from you to eat. We even gave him a handfull of gravel. He took a few nibbles out of it. My most favorite story with "Lucky" was when my brother was riding and I took a box of gingersnaps and ran across the yard as fast as I could. My brother bailed off as Lucky would buck when he got into anything faster than a walk!

I used to work at a stable and was cleanign the yard. I had a pile of the usual droppings and debri raked up including a dead bird. A horse came over, sniffed the pile, then ate the dead bird.

When I was a kid we had an old QH Stud that was probably 23 or so then, he would wait till my step-dad got outta the truck opening a gate or w/e and he would stick his head in the truck and steal his chew. He would even chase him around in the field tryin to get it out of his pocket, he just loved the stuff. He was quite the horse though, he would jump in the back of a pickup and ride and one time dad ran in the house to get something left Coke in yard and while he was inside the house ,Coke ran up the porch and in the house, is hoof prints were in the floor my whole child hood> LOL A horse like him... is one in a couple lifetimes.

My one mare Lilly LOVES Cherry Coke and those hostess Chocolate Cupcakes...

I had a friend who owned a pony horse on the track, he was a big pinto draft, about 17 hands and he would plow you over if he knew you had beer. :D

I had a horse when I was younger that would eat anything. We'd ride all day gathering cows, and when I'd unwrap my bologna sandwich, he'd look back over his shoulder at me. He loved bologna, bread, waffles, doughnuts, snickers bars, chocolate, etc, liked everything but cheese. He'd eat the peel from a banana, and drink pop from a can. He was such a charachter! I sure do miss old Socks. Had to sell him when I was 15, outgrew him.....

my mom had an old black stallion mini. loved bananas, would climb into the back seat of a pick up truck to get one. climb up onto the picnic table one year. :lol:

Latest posts