What's it worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

Wick

Reaction score
97 F-250 powerstroke, 7.3 motor, 24,000 original miles. Looks to be in good condition. 1 previous owner (an older man).

well a 1999 ford 250 6.0 diesel with 150,516 miles on it is $15,000
so i would say the one you posted about would be worth at least 20,000 imo

Wick":1q348mpe said:
97 F-250 powerstroke, 7.3 motor, 24,000 original miles. Looks to be in good condition. 1 previous owner (an older man).

24K original miles! It's not even near broken in for a 7.3! If it's as nice as it probably is buy it! What is he asking?

ga. prime":22fwdcrm said:
I wonder how much extra wear is put on a truck driven regularly in the WV mountains?

;-) If it were a chevy it might be something to worry about.
( That should get the pot stired up. )

The truck is in another state and it looks to be in good condition. If it is ok I think it would be a steal.

Moocow11":7zzsam1v said:
well a 1999 ford 250 6.0 diesel with 150,516 miles on it is $15,000
so i would say the one you posted about would be worth at least 20,000 imo

do you mean 7.3 diesel? :)

Got a 97 F350 with the 7.3, one of the best trucks/years Ford ever made. Also have a 96, not as strong as the 97. The trucks made after 97 just don't do much for me. My 97 has around 60k on it, bought it new and leave it hooked to a trailer all the time. I've got a list of people that want that truck if I ever decide to sell it.

cfpinz

'97 is still a '97, doesn't matter how good a shape it's in or how few miles are on it. Go to your local bank and ask to see the Kelly Bluebook for '97 vehicles. I think you might be surprised how cheap you might be able to pick it up. You can offer him a few hundred more for the condition and low miles but the point is it's not worth $20K. The vehicle is almost 11 years old and it's a FORD! :lol:

Assuming it is not the extended cab, not 4x4, and is a long bed. Kelly Blue Book says Private Party Value is around $9000. You can go to http://www.kbb.com and check private party value and configure it as you know what options it might have.

that would be top dollar too. theyre a decent truck. dont overpay for hype. its a ten grand truck at best. and it need be a 4x4 for that

Latest posts