What's it worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Coming up at estate auction on Saturday.

IMG_3308_1-33526-800-600-25.jpg

IMG_3309_1-33527-800-600-25.jpg

Like the double beater. Looks like an oiled wood floor?
I bought a rough one for U$S 625. Was not a good deal even at that price.
Solid tandem older spreaders (this looks like one) are about $1500 to $2000 here. Middle aged stuff will sell up to $3500.
Large, next to new, spreaders can be had for less that half of new price due to all the dairies going out - - and the fact that they are too big for the guy with a couple head. There are some deals out there.
Spreader condition varies so much that the online numbers are only a crude guide.

we paid about 3K for a good single axle..
Nothing more frustrating that a manure spreader with a bad floor that breaks chains.. that's a beauty of a unit

With few dairies around here they're hard to find.

Yes, it's nice, but the lack on an end gate would reduce value here. I would pay up to 2,100 green backs. It could go for more.

Auction prices are softening here. Not sure if it is seasonal or the downward spiral for farm income, or both. They are even holding retirement auctions during the deer hunting season. :shock:

Sectional poly floor. Need to go over it good on sale day. Been reading about the problem areas for that model. Don't want to spend a dime over 2k CDN ($1550 US) and that is only if it is problem-free. Really don't want to spend over $1k on it. Seen some very nice tandem lightly used H&S 370's and NH 195's for 8-10k US online. Not that I would waste that kind of money on spreaders, but it gives perspective.

Steve makes a good point, no end gate reduces value, and it probably doesn't have a pan under the beaters either... If you just want to get the manure out it doesn't matter, if you want to spread it in a controlled manner it does.

Gonna need some tractor to pull (and load) that beast!

Nesikep":3r3yx3kl said:
Steve makes a good point, no end gate reduces value, and it probably doesn't have a pan under the beaters either... If you just want to get the manure out it doesn't matter, if you want to spread it in a controlled manner it does.

Gonna need some tractor to pull (and load) that beast!

100 hp to haul and 65 hp to load.

they are hard to find and expensive here.

I won an auction a month back on a JD450 for 1300 bucks.. seems to be in pretty good shape, haven't used it yet. I think I can resell it for 4k pretty easily if wanted.

Supa Dexta":35o6tw6m said:
Would be 3500 here atleast I would think. a 1k manure spreader would have trees growing out of it.

Could, but spreader pricing seems quite variable at auctions here. More consistent demand for tractors and haying equipment.

Stocker Steve":11x30ja3 said:
Aaron":11x30ja3 said:
Sectional poly floor. Need to go over it good on sale day. Been reading about the problem areas for that model.

What are the problem areas?

The tandem axle is the biggest issue. Apparently the older 195's had a U-shaped shield underneath to protect the axles (makes no sense) and they would fill with manure and rot the axles into Swiss cheese. Sprockets and chains are also an issue and there is a problematic shear pin. Definitely want to make sure chain/bars is in good shape as the quote for a new one is around 2k US apparently.

Stocker Steve":2u1kzdd9 said:
Some of the older ones had the U shape with open side up. :nod: That was a problem.
designed on a monday or a friday.. that was certainly not thought through very well.

Went for $9250. Two "if I want it, I am going to get it" guys started bidding furiously until one backed down. There was about 1/2 dozen close neighbor's of mine that wanted it for the same money as me, but our jaws all dropped when it started at $4k, next bid $6k and on from there. One rear corner side had been reinforced and one walking beam had been reinforced. Otherwise in good shape.

holy smokes!... I'd call it a decent unit but that price goes beyond that... Maybe there were 2 guys that NEEDED it really badly?

Supa Dexta":23h23ybo said:
Would be 3500 here atleast I would think. a 1k manure spreader would have trees growing out of it.

I've got the single beater version of this with trees growing through it if someone wants to take it away. I'd like to see it gone.

Latest posts