What's Flowering

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here are some photos of what is flowering in my garden right now :) :) :)

Viola
viola3.jpg

Another Viola
viola2.jpg

9c3002ea.jpg

Tulip
montbretiatulip5.jpg

Another Tulip
montbretiatulip2.jpg

Iris
iris3.jpg

Honeysuckle
honeysuckle1.jpg

Wild Bluebells
bluebells1.jpg

Appleblossoms
appleblossom5.jpg

Wow, Randi, I didn't know Honeysuckle would grow that far north! :eek: I don't know anything about apple blossoms, but I sure do like Viola's! :)

msscamp":x3mgzc7o said:
Wow, Randi, I didn't know Honeysuckle would grow that far north! :eek: I don't know anything about apple blossoms, but I sure do like Viola's! :)

There are a few varieties that are pretty tough. My Zone is a 3 (same as a 4 in USA I think) but I can usually go 1 zone higher in my yard. I love the violas too, they have been flowering since mid April :).

Beautiful blossoms! I might have to try my hand at bluebells in the not to distant future! :)

i know if you pull them up and run over them a few times they multiply.

Beefy":34uk01er said:

Oh, is that only in a southern evironment or is that true everywhere? I honestly thought honeysuckle was strictly a southern plant, they are apparently a lot hardier than I was aware of - my bad. Thanks for the explanation, Beefy. :)

msscamp":1p1wpm9a said:
Beefy":1p1wpm9a said:

Oh, is that only in a southern evironment or is that true everywhere? I honestly thought honeysuckle was strictly a southern plant, they are apparently a lot hardier than I was aware of - my bad. Thanks for the explanation, Beefy. :)

we get a lot of wild honeysuckle growing around here and in the hills and mtns.

RebelCritter":30ir6y9q said:
Beautiful! I have yet to perfect closeups. NICE!

Thank you!! I really like my digital camera, I can see what I am getting, and then I can delete anything that doesn't turn out. Plus, you can then fix them on the computer ;-) by trimming, and adjusting the lighting. Flowers are easy anyways since they can't run away :D :D

Yes, there are some very hardy varieties. This one is a bush type. Aome of the more colorful varieties aren't as tough up here though. I love the scent, and it doesn't seem to be taking over the garden either.

Latest posts