What will we do?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
When NK sends ICBMs out way with Nuclear war heads and one hits LA, one hits NY and one hits DC.

I don't know. Maybe draw a line in the sand and sternly warn them not to do it again? Maybe send them a check for $500 billion and tell them not to do it again? Not sure really, just basing my reply on what seems to be the standard operating procedure used over the last several years.

In what seems like another life, I was a bouncer. Standing rule was strike first, and hit hard enough to end the fight before it starts.

In all seriousness, no one will win if anyone starts tossing nukes. Most of us have lived with a gun to our heads our whole lives and have grown accustomed to it and forget what these things are capable of doing because our benchmark are the bombs used at Hiroshima and Nagasaki and these were only toys compared to what we have today. For instance, the Hydrogen bomb developed in 1952 left a crater a mile wide and 150' deep. Anyone who has dug a pond knows how much dirt comes from an acre hole yet the H bomb moved thousands of times this amount in a split second and this isn't anything compared to the technology we have today. The destructive capacity of a thermonuclear bomb cannot even be measured. If someone lobs one I'm confident no one on earth will be safe. These things are to destructive to use and I think anyone pursuing this technology has to be insane and is a threat to the world.

I agree there Joe. I think the major powers in the world are smart enough to not use them. It's the small timers that can't begin to comprehend what it would mean to use one that we have to worry about.

Duck and Cover of course... weren't you schooled in the '50s?
BUT... Why would Northrup King bomb anyone?
94% of everything people worry about Never Ever happens.
Pessimists worry about the wind (which they cannot control) optimists readjust their sails.

Which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
Exactly.
Some days I believe 1/2 of this country is afraid of death and the other 1/2 is afraid of living.
Just when did this country become such a bunch of frightened little ******s?

I can see one of your "mother of all bombs" coming up and I must say it would be warranted.

Ken
Especially since he is openly saying that they now have the capability of reaching the US.

My dad and I were discussing this yesterday. We agree that a couple dozen MOABs should send a clear message, but the downside is that the rest of the world will hate us more. If we would start keeping the spoils of war instead of giving them back in better shape than they were before we blew them up, we would easily have another billion or so Americans to fight the good fight. I still can't believe there hasn't been a coup d'état in NK....or the US.

There are theoretically better hardened weapons than MOAB. Robust Nuclear Earth Penetrator research was funded in 2001, but I think congress pulled the $$ on it some years later.
RNEP.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/systems/rnep.htm

Dave":16ja1cr4 said:
Nesikep":16ja1cr4 said:
With the targets being liberal cities, I thought you guys would be thrilled :p

That was what I was thinking. NY, LA, and DC...... we couldn't be that lucky.

Wow. Nice. Guess you missed those pictures of people jumping from the World Trade Center Towers. Your fellow Americans.

boondocks":2mxtm2td said:
Dave":2mxtm2td said:
Nesikep":2mxtm2td said:
With the targets being liberal cities, I thought you guys would be thrilled :p

Wow. Nice. Guess you missed those pictures of people jumping from the World Trade Center Towers. Your fellow Americans.

Do you really think I was being serious? The reality of the matter is one of their targets would most assuredly be the Seattle/Tacoma area. Bremerton naval base, McCord air force base, Fort Lewis, and Boeing are all in very close proximity of those cities. And I am 30 to 60 miles from all of those. How good at hitting their target would they be? There is a very real possibility that they land one in my front yard.

I'm guessing, at the current stage of their development, they would be lucky to be able to get it to land in any particular state, much less hit a specific city.

greybeard":3lru7gka said:
I'm guessing, at the current stage of their development, they would be lucky to be able to get it to land in any particular state, much less hit a specific city.

As I said my front yard.... maybe the backyard. But which ever it is, of all the people on CT I am the closest to NK so the most likely to get hit...... and yet another reason to get this place sold and move.

Dave":u7bs6ot7 said:
boondocks":u7bs6ot7 said:
Dave":u7bs6ot7 said:

Do you really think I was being serious? The reality of the matter is one of their targets would most assuredly be the Seattle/Tacoma area. Bremerton naval base, McCord air force base, Fort Lewis, and Boeing are all in very close proximity of those cities. And I am 30 to 60 miles from all of those. How good at hitting their target would they be? There is a very real possibility that they land one in my front yard.

I know 2 people who lost friends and family on 9/11.
I guess I'm a bit tired of the city-bashing on this site. I have lived in urban, rural, and suburban areas; never once heard a city dweller even jokingly say they wished the rural areas were blown up by foreign enemies. But I have read that here too many times to count.

Latest posts