What to put inside??

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
What would you do given the following choice: If you had a massive abundance of hay, would you one, put the hay inside or two, would you store your machinery inside if you had to pick one or the other.

It would depend on what type of bales. I prefer to store equipment inside. It cost a lot and needs to last for years. On the other hand in my climate I have never had good luck storing small square bales outside no matter how I tarped or covered them. Round bales I would stor outside with a trp to cover. Small square bales I would store inside and move the equipment inside as soon as there is room.
Dave

Herefordcross":2pwh3l8d said:
What would you do given the following choice: If you had a massive abundance of hay, would you one, put the hay inside or two, would you store your machinery inside if you had to pick one or the other.

Is this one of those chicken or eggs deals? Depends on the climate for me. I'ld prefer to have the hay inside, but since our hay storage is limited and our equipment storage is just about nil, we store it all outside

dun

Nothing like God's machine shed for everything. This includes calving in the winter. Sure would like to have a shed for the equipment though :)

I donno...if they were square bales, they would be put inside, but since the only baler around here is a round baler, then they'd be outside.

Need the machinery, so they'd most likely be found inside a machine shed. Especially come wintertime.

Depends on location I guess...

I would put the hay inside, And as you feed the hay out put the equipment away.

Put the equipment inside and stack the hay on top of it.

Save fuel too! :lol:

Herefordcross":30t3ayy7 said:

I would put the hay inside.

Hay inside, tin can over the tractor stacks, and a towel on the seat so when I set down it doesn't burn my butt. ;-)

Sq bales inside round bales outside.

msscamp, I didn't know there was a hayshed in all of Wy. :shock: :eek: ;-)

mnmt

Now that's thinking out of the box!

I have this exact situation, well minus the excess of hay, but anyway, we have 2 enclosed barns and all the equipment stays inside. Trailers, trucks, everything. Well, there are 2 trailers outside right now but they should be in the barn. Equipment cost more they the hay does no matter if it's $100 bale and we need that equipment to last a lot longer the 2 yrs. We had to replace tires on stuff that had been sitting outside just besause they were dry rotted, the tread was great but they blow out. Most of our equiipment is old to srart with and we take as good care of it as we can to make it last as long as we can.

All of our hay is round bales and stored outside. Some is on concrete, some on the ground stacked where rain (if we got enough) would drain off. We rarely have hay left over for 2 yrs.

I have to store the hay and the equipment outside. The barns are used for my wife's collectibles and antiques and what nots. :roll: She had me drag up three 30foot long church pews from the old family church when it was remodelled. :roll: What in heavens name are we going to do with this? But I love her more than I love my tractors. Been thinking of hanging them from the rafters to make room for one tractor anyway. If I set 'em outside, the sheriff will find me hanging from the rafter! :lol:

Latest posts