What to pick??

Help Support CattleToday:

ZMT

Reaction score
I'm writing for a little advice!! On our ranch we have to divide out 10 head of cattle to my mother and my two uncles because of a recent passing in the family and the will states that of the 52 head 10 are to be given to each and the rest sold. So my question is how to do it fairly with everyone getting the best cattle possible...the cows range from young to old. One of my suggestions is to sell every cow over 6 years and I divide the 10 out of the younger cattle just reaching their peak. I was wondering everyone else's thoughts were and what you would do if this was you. Let me know thanks!

Load 'em up, take the cattle to the sale barn. Let the family members buy which ones they want then you divide the $$ (less commission) evenly between them.
:lol: :lol:

greybeard":3dkhc9gm said:
Load 'em up, take the cattle to the sale barn. Let the family members buy which ones they want then you divide the $$ (less commission) evenly between them.
:tiphat:

Cut cards for your picking order. The high card picks one animal. The second high card picks two, and the low card picks three. Alternate one at a time after that starting back with the high card picking first.

greybeard":y8gevukz said:
That is about as fair as you can get. Or just sell and split the $$

Latest posts