What to do??

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
OK, I've read all of the posts on various things about improving a pasture, I'm in the Northeast. Mostly Fescue Pastures, want to add somehting with it. Have a no till drill. Can plant just about anything. It's dry here we want to plant something like now or this fall to have more forage for this fall and to improve pastures in the spring and summer. we rotational graze and I want to steer clear of stuff that has to be grazed right now (In a specific stage of growth) Alfalfa is a no no. Already wasted enough money on it in the pastures, do have a couple of good ALfalfa hay fields though just up the road a half mile. Give me some cut and dry answers on what to plant when how much and specific variety. I am sure that your experienced minds can figure out something for me. THANK YOU

This time of year it's hard to plant much of anything that will do anything for you this year. Closer to fall you could no-till winter wheat. For improving your pastures for future use, frost seed clover this winter. It will grow in the spring and will help to dilute the fescue

dun

Latest posts