What terminal bull for Brahman cows?

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy

Reaction score
Curious question. What is a good terminal breed to put on Brahman cows if you don't want to produce replacements? Asking for a friend.

If I didn't want too retain, it would be a good Limi...a Char. Would be my Second choice..but I'd hate to waste a good Brahman cow on terminal calves..around here anyway,Not many do it..they go with British breeds first, then to terminal..

Muddy said:
Curious question. What is a good terminal breed to put on Brahman cows if you don't want to produce replacements? Asking for a friend.

Brahman cows are NOT to be used as Terminal cross, they are slow to mature and don't get pregnant as often as European breeds.

Brahman cows should only be used to make more Brahman cows or the best maternal cross known to man, the F1 Tiger Stripe, those Tiger Stripe cows then are used to be crossed with a Charolais terminal bull and bring $$

So your gonna sell your calves at auction. What the buyers do with them is their business. That's how it'll really be right.
So for pounds on the scale, char hands down.

Extremely high selling heifer's and a little dock on the steers.. Hereford

Good replacement heifer's and good selling steers...black Angus.

callmefence said:
So your gonna sell your calves at auction. What the buyers do with them is their business. That's how it'll really be right.
So for pounds on the scale, char hands down.

Extremely high selling heifer's and a little dock on the steers.. Hereford

Good replacement heifer's and good selling steers...black Angus.

Charbray heifers sell well also as replacements.