What is ...........

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas":bg6pbxvr said:
What does **=Typesetter and*=pacesetter mean ?
boy joy you ask some good questions.as you know typesetter an pacesetter are beefmaster terms.the terms has something todo with the cows production.the way her calves perform against others of the breed.

A type setter is a person who sets the block type in a old printing operation.

A pace setter woudl be the person at the front of the pack in a race.

or did you mean dealing with cows? :lol: In that case I ahve no idea.

3MR":12sl8nq4 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3MR":13ci9tia said:

Typesetter: I used to do that...on the computer! And, I was dang good at it. :D

Pacesetter: Not in a million years... :(

Sorry Joy, when it comes to the cattle end of it, I'm with 3MR, I have no idea. Sooooo, right now, I'm gonna believe what bigbull338 told ya'. From what I've read, he's not one that'll steer ya' wrong...(steer, oh well, never mind).

Alice

Found this on the web, hope it helps.

BBU's Pacesetter Award is based on information taken from the Weights & Measures Program. This award recognizes bulls and females which have produced top performing calves. This award is designated on the animal's certificate of breeding with two asterisks (**)

hey everyone thanks for the replys...... :D Ok Big these terms are only for beefmasters ? What do angus or herefords use ? thanks Allen it does help to understand some of it

Joy in Texas":yr060jjy said:
hey everyone thanks for the replys...... :D Ok Big these terms are only for beefmasters ? What do angus or herefords use ? thanks Allen it does help to understand some of it

it sounds like it's similar to the AHA's Dam of Distinction.

yes, joy typesetter and pacesetter are only beefmaster terms.

The Typesetter Program identifies and recognizes bulls and females on the basis of classification scores given to their progeny.

Typesetters are designated on their breeding certificates with two asterisks (**)

BBU's Pacesetter Award is based on information taken from the Weights & Measures Program. This award recognizes bulls and females which have produced top performing calves. This award is designated on the animal's certificate of breeding with two asterisks (**) For more information and details, contact the BBU office for a Weights & Measures handbook or a current Sire Summary.

Latest posts