What is going on in Washington state ?

Help Support CattleToday:

mwj":1xwej25z said:
I am proud to have served my country but to tell you the truth I am sure not proud of some that I served to protect :oops: .

Which country did you serve? You have posted that you are formerly Canadian - was it Canada? Or after you came to the states did you join the US armed forces and protect both countries? ;-)

OT your bull breeder buddies either lack IQ points or vision, right now in canada a good US bred out cross bull is worth bag loads of money, If your buddies had good enough quality bulls to be PB herdsires they could make out like the bandits they are. Or have they taken a vow of poverty, are they touched in the head or just idiots.
As far as the funding of our cattlemen's groups it comes from checkoffs.
For canadian cattlemen being liars it is companies in the US under the supervision of the USDA who buy canadian cattle and process it NOT canadians and for the repackaging don't allow it,quit being such a cry baby about everything.
As for COOL - a buddy of mine from university is a COO at a tyson plant he said he expects it will be appiled to retail cuts for the supermarkets trade only, it won't include grind or mixed meats, industrial meat or restaurant meat. I can see it, you want to sell that yellow fat steak in the supermarket or roast great you can have that market it is tiny in the grand scheme of things.
OT i am sure you will find something else to complain about. Maybe you should take charge as americans and fix your problems instead of trying force others to change.

Oldtimer":1c64s370 said:
mwj":1c64s370 said:
I am proud to have served my country but to tell you the truth I am sure not proud of some that I served to protect :oops: .

Which country did you serve? You have posted that you are formerly Canadian - was it Canada? Or after you came to the states did you join the US armed forces and protect both countries? ;-)

OT bring the quote where I said I was from Canada and win yourself a cash prize!!!!!!!! Would you like my service no. or would you prefer a copy of my dd-214? You tell so many stories that you must be having a hard time seperating fact from fiction.As I stated before you must live a sad life if the best thing you have to do is hate people that you do not have a clue about :roll:

Does anyone remember when restaraunts in the U.S. actually advertised that they had Canadian beef especially steak on their menu.I remember when I went to a very nice steakhouse in Dallas,Texas.My buddy was bragging that they had the best steaks in the world.He lived in Dallas.So we went there to try those best steaks in the world :roll: When we got our menus the very first page said .We only serve the finest beef in the world.ALBERTA BLACK ANGUS :lol: .Yeah the steak was good but then again I always eat Alberta beef.

mwj":2ycqncmi said:
Oldtimer":2ycqncmi said:
mwj":2ycqncmi said:

OT bring the quote where I said I was from Canada and win yourself a cash prize!!!!!!!! Would you like my service no. or would you prefer a copy of my dd-214? You tell so many stories that you must be having a hard time seperating fact from fiction.As I stated before you must live a sad life if the best thing you have to do is hate people that you do not have a clue about :roll:

Well on some of the boards you've put yourself out as Canadian- and as a woman-- so it gets a little hard to keep track...And you definitely have not been one to want to socialize or be very open which I've learned to expect from many folks coming from back east...

No matter who you are-- It sure would be nice if Canada would help just a little bit in keeping the free traders of the world free-- like in Iraq if they don't want to help the US, UK, and Australia with putting any soldiers in danger- they could donate about a years worth of free gas ;-) Instead of it all being on the backs of the US taxpayer while the rest of the countries of the world reap the economic benefits....

Did you believe in NCBA's proposal- for an M-COOL for the military services? Requiring that the military services had to label the origin of all their meat products- and their request that all meat that can be readily accessed be US product?

Something that should be just common sense since it is the US cattlemans tax's helping to fund this same military/war....Last thing we should be doing is using US military/tax dollars to purchase cheaper Mexican, Canadian, or South American beef- when these countries refused to even acknowledge our existence when we asked for help.....

OT just because you are in a big hurry to jump to a conclusion that suits you, please do not confuse it with fact ;-) If you want to start a thread on military purchases feel free and we will all pitch in.

mwj":2c8lsdbo said:
OT just because you are in a big hurry to jump to a conclusion that suits you, please do not confuse it with fact ;-) If you want to start a thread on military purchases feel free and we will all pitch in.

As usual- you criticize and chastise everyones ideas or beliefs- but offer no ideas of your own....

I thought much of this thread was about M-COOL and truth in labeling of meat products :roll:

Oldtimer":dpg3fuh2 said:
mwj":dpg3fuh2 said:

As usual- you criticize and chastise everyones ideas or beliefs- but offer no ideas of your own....

I thought much of this thread was about M-COOL and truth in labeling of meat products :roll:

Is that like questioning someones service record? You have a lot of chuckles left in you when you talk about someone else being critical and chastising people :lol: Maybe you should take your show on the road and be a standup comic :roll: Maybe you could tell the story about the local butcher selling that nasty Canadian beef for American product. The punchline would be that the local exsherif did not bother to tell his friends and other locals that it was going on :shock: :cboy: That should give them a chuckle and get them on the old bandwagon for m-cool.

mwj- So in other words you don't believe US taxpayers money should be being used to buy primarily US produced product - and that US soldiers and men & women in the military don't have the right to expect meat and food products from the US- and know they are not getting foreign product-- eh? :???: :( :mad:

At least the US school children are now guaranteed a US processed meat product, thru the legislated School Lunch Program- sad that you don't think our military folk deserve as much.... :(

OT why don't you call the pentagon since you have so many contacts you like to brag about. As far as I can tell anyone in this country can buy there beef from the usa if they want to. Last time I looked they could buy it from me and could pick who the moma was, I always thought that was how the system worked :roll: In Glascow Montana it could be that you have to buy bootleged Canadian beef but that would be a local problem ;-) Where is the gov. going to buy all the comodity no tracreback beef that they need OT. Do you think they will pass on the mixed origon ground beef when they buy little John and Jane there hamburger that goes in there free lunch? Is your beloved USDA going to buy your high priced Montana cows to make burger for there ''low bid'' lunch program. Maybe you should call Armark and see if you can get your local butcher a job buying for them ;-)

mwj":306pdp80 said:
Where is the gov. going to buy all the comodity no tracreback beef that they need OT. Do you think they will pass on the mixed origon ground beef when they buy little John and Jane there hamburger that goes in there free lunch? Is your beloved USDA going to buy your high priced Montana cows to make burger for there ''low bid'' lunch program. Maybe you should call Armark and see if you can get your local butcher a job buying for them

The law says they have to supply US product only now for the school lunch program- and has for years :p ;-) :lol:

Enough Congressmen saw the dangers in foreign slaughtered meat- and the wrong in spending U.S. taxpayer dollars to foreign countries for a product that can be provided domestically, to ban all imported meat products several years ago....

OT how much do you know about Canadian Armed forces. Right now Canadian soldiers(snipers)are in Iraq providing long range cover for your boys in the northern provinces of Iraq. As well Canadian soldiers are in Afganistan second only in numbers to US forces fighting the taliban with only US air cover. It really saddens me to know that US citzens don't know how many canadians are dieing in Afganistan fighting. Last time i checked canada didn't start things but we will dam well finish it.
As for militay contractors they buy from the big packers at the lowest price so your men and ours could be eating UTM beef from Canada. I think they have more important thing to worry about than where the beef in their rations come from.
So yes Canadian tax dollars are being spent as well.
This is all i will say about the what is going on with Canadian soldiers.
As for COOL you we will see how it will be implemented, remember studies show Sally house wife will buy basesd on the best value more often than where it comes from. But if you want COOL, why no trace back system to the producer so if someone gets a food born illness they can sue the rancher. I'm sure that would be alot of fun.

skcattleman- not calling you a liar- BUT show me some proof that Canada has anyone in Iraq.... Does your parliament and PM know about it? Last time they peaed down their pants when asked for help there....

Military contractors should be legislated to be required to use taxpayer dollars to buy US product when available and when it is not available domestically to buy only from our allies...

Oldtimer":3va4s4a5 said:
skcattleman- not calling you a liar- BUT show me some proof that Canada has anyone in Iraq.... Does your parliament and PM know about it? Last time they peaed down their pants when asked for help....

Military contractors should be legislated to be required to use taxpayer dollars to buy US product when available and when it is not available domestically to buy only from our allies...

Well gents - I am getting tired of both you guys and your point / counter point - insults - accusations and so on.

So to set some records straight lets get to the heart of the matter of the national insults.

Credentials - I have served with the United States Navy as a Canadian exchange officer - I will not bore you with the ships I sailed on. I was an F-18 pilot and a strike planner. I served with the Canadian Air Force as an F-18 pilot, instructor pilot and a Search and Rescue pilot. I instructed United States Army Special Forces in certain ground matters and I now serve as a Canadian pilot in the Canadian Air Force - yet again - for the third time. I am rumoured to be traveling yet again to a sand box country sometime this year - something to do with FAC 8) - some of you will understand - exciting times at times - we will see.

I try to raise a few HH on the side.

Now - OT - you get the first spanking.

The entire Canadian military - that is the Army, the Air Force and the Navy and the Reserves - plus the usual administrative staff and so on - is only about 62,000 personnel.

That is less than what one major base like Bragg can field on a one day notice.

Straighten up and stay on cattle old man - you insult the miltary that is punching FAR FAR above its weight in Afghanistan.

And taking the brunt of the action in the southern provinces with a force that is not equal to the size of the New York City police department!!!

Considering the population of California is larger than that of the entire country of Canada I figure the Canucks are doing pretty good.

You want to chat cows I am ready to be quite reasonable.

But you are acting like a stupid, cranky son of a beech that needs a swift kick in the @ss. Straighten up and put the booze away and get on to cattle and back off of beating up some good boys and girls with your slurs and your insults while they serve at the pleasure of the various governments and put their lives at risk.

FYI - I know two gentlemen and one lady who are Canucks and serving in Iraq - but I am not sure of any Canuck units that are there. However just last week a young lady from this county - who is a member of the USMC - and a Canuck - traveled to her second tour of duty in IRAQ!!

For your info - a significant number of U.S. military troops are NOT U.S. citizens. It is a big number - sorry, it escapes me.

I am not even sure why I tell you this - I would probably do better just shooting myself.

Mind your manners in the future please.

skcattleman - You are starting to sound a bit like a fishwife at the harbour in Pevensey Bay - in the UK if you are truly interested. Yelling all the time and surely your typing fingers are getting hoarse by now?

It is good you stand by your product as does OT - but for Crikey sake - find another angle please! I have yet to see anything new since you started.

Lots of us have been doing this for years and see folks come in and start up where we left off - and they only repeat all of the things that have been said over and over and over again.

Frankly I am tired of it.

Stop accusing, stop yelling and for heavens sake please stop repeating.

I am probably going to get a blast from both you guys - but I do not care. I am embarrassed for both of you.

Both you guys need to take a look in the mirrors and ask if your Moms would be proud of your attitudes. Shameful.

Everyone here knows more about me now than probably should - I think I will lay low for a bit.

For the others - apologies on my rant - I will not speak of this again.

Bez>

OT check and see with your defense department, Canadian troops (snipers) have been with US troops quietly on an exchange program, they even recieved medals from Bush for distinguished service. They set records for distance shots. Your goverment is even buying our Canadian made implements and having Canadians train US troops how to use them. The Canadian troops in Iraq is being kept quite, as ALOT of canadians don't want our troops in iraq, even if only on an exchange program. But none the less they are there only a hand full mind you but our snipers have been called the best in the world by your own US defence department. And yes the PM knows about it and took alot of crap about it (he has to take questions in question period ,it would be like Bush getting up infront on the senate and congress every day and justify his decisions), even more crap when he sent more troops to afganistan. When originally asked for help that was a different PM. It is like the difference between George and Bill. And don't tell me there is no difference between them either.
I really don't want to go off on this tangent, both of our countries have boots on the ground. So lets leave it there.

A super secret CIA operation then -eh :???: I wonder if they even told the soldiers? ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

As O'Rielly says-- "we have some fair weather allies."

Bez-- thats what we were talking was cattle and beef product and "free" trade-- and how I believe that consumers are deserved the right to know the origin of the meat they eat and have a right to choose...The same as I believe our US government and US military should use US tax dollars to only buy US product to feed our military men and women if it is available, including US beef-- a proposal that was brought forward by the NCBA....They deserve nothing less...

The same as Canadian producers rightly thru a fit when they found out that while their packing houses were glutted with beef they couldn't sell because of BSE- the Canadian government was buying beef from Uruguay for the Canadian military :shock: :roll: :(

Hi Bez. I am not the type to blast away i just think a half truth is a lie and hate to see someone get away with that tactic. On one of my first posts i stated BSE is north american problem and blaming won't fix anything we as cattlemen from both sides of the border have to work to eliminate the problem. That is what we should be focusing on. And that is where this all starts.I proudly stand by my cattle and country and i believe my parents would have been truely be proud of that. Maybe one day we can meet at a legion and have a real discussion about cattle. I guess i shouldn't let the bluster from OT get under my skin, as in OT's last post. What are you going to do? I guess i know in the back of my mind there are people who will always think they are right and have all the answers no matter what. I have never claime to and never will.
By the way buddies of mine raises some of the best HH around this province and the country and i have helped them numerous times at shows and sales. I have seen some great HH bulls from these guys and they would work in any commercial program. I am partial to those old traditional HH bulls deep,soggy, rugged bulls that will work for years. What bloodlines do you run ?

Latest posts