What Interests You?

Help Support CattleToday:

purecountry

Reaction score
I'm on the planning committee for the Western Canadian Grazing Conference, and I'm curious as to what kind of speakers would peak everyone's interest. We're booking speakers on soil balancing, soil micro-biology, year-round grazing, direct-marketing, sustainable grazing management, and holistic management.

Any other thoughts? What would draw you in?

If you can have this seminar sometime not during calving or haying season, locate it closer to Edmonton than Calgary, and get a speaker in on predator control methods (snaring,trapping,etc) - then you can count me in.

Please and thank you.

Take care.

Could we ask S H from ranchers.net to come up and speak about trapping gophers?

Have a good suggestion for you purecountry. In between speakers you could have some of those girls like the ones on WWF holding up cards announcing the next speaker.

If you would like more suggestions Darcy, feel free to ask.

rkaiser":3l10jbgm said:
Could we ask S H from ranchers.net to come up and speak about trapping gophers?

Have a good suggestion for you purecountry. In between speakers you could have some of those girls like the ones on WWF holding up cards announcing the next speaker.

If you would like more suggestions Darcy, feel free to ask.
You might want to contact Crowder down in the coffee shop to help you round up some nice girls to hold up those cards. 8)

Crowder For President.

As long as he doesn't send flaboy's toothless sister, or rkaiser's Cousin It. :p

Yes MikeC, year-round grazing in Canada. That includes grazing crop residue(chaff and/or straw piles), or swaths. Until the 1st of February, our own cows had grazed 265 days without supplemental feed.

CattleAnnie - it's being held in Edmonton at the Mayfield Conf. Center, Dec. 6-8th. So far, the list of potential speakers doesn't include predator control - especially SH - but we may have to look at crowd control for rkaiser types. :p

Latest posts