What I am doing this morning.

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie

Reaction score
15exyxe.jpg

what are you doing?

Workinonit Farm":1eq7xj27 said:
The usual feeding, then took the new puppy out for a good run/play/exercise.

Where have you been? What kinda of puppy do you have?

cowmilker":27p8k0mh said:
I do that every morning. Craig :lol:

:lol:
slick4591":27p8k0mh said:
I'm watching chicks hatch. Pretty boring day ahead of me. :lol:
:lol: How long does one take to hatch?

Named'em Tamed'em":27p8k0mh said:
Driving training with the neighbor kid, SCARY !But somebody has to do it.
In the rain :shock:

fitz":2fyrkmo7 said:
Workinonit Farm":2fyrkmo7 said:
The usual feeding, then took the new puppy out for a good run/play/exercise.

Where have you been? What kinda of puppy do you have?

:wave:

I've been pretty busy here at our place, and haevn't been able to spend as much time on the boards as I would like to. I miss CT. Been dropping in here now and then. Thanks for asking. :) I hope you're well.

We got a Golden Retriever puppy on Jan. 9. He was 6 wks when we got him. Still have the Pyrenees, but lost my best canine buddy, "Barney", back in March.

Church, just finished lunch, and heading out to soak in sunshine. First I've seen in a long time.

alisonb":3fus37fi said:
cowmilker":3fus37fi said:
I do that every morning. Craig :lol:

:lol:
slick4591":3fus37fi said:
I'm watching chicks hatch. Pretty boring day ahead of me. :lol:
:lol: How long does one take to hatch?

Named'em Tamed'em":3fus37fi said:
Driving training with the neighbor kid, SCARY !But somebody has to do it.
In the rain :shock:

Yep alisonb in the rain! It hasn't rained in a couple weeks, I had to warn her of the oily slick roads after a "first rain". That's one of the reasons it was scary. She's a good kid from a broken family, I think she adopted us! :nod:

Watched mounting activity. Penned a couple of girls up and went to get the vet. Walked all over his ranch looking for him. (He doesn't get phone service out there.) Brought him back to my place and AI'd an Angus cow. Uneventful. :)

Fed and checked all herds. Sat in the sun on the deck. 1st day in 5 months that it has hit 60F. Water running everywhere. Can start checking and working on fences real soon.

Out early this morning and checked cows. Then back home and got ready to go to Sunday School and church. Then lunch at our favorite restaurant and on to the nursing home to visit my mother a while before heading in to check cows. Looking for a few more calves. We had two last week. Have to keep a close check or the Mexican vultures will kill them.

After the breeding route and in between irrigation checks I saddled a mare that is a BIG step up for my kids and worked her in the round pen with each kids getting a couple of turns. She's actually really kind to kids and they've ridden her around the corrals before but they've never been on anything that moves that quick when you ask them to.

slick4591":3l7r7yui said:
Good for them! Glad she didn't sit down with them. :lol2:
She got down on her butt some but it's more like sliding stops and then whipping around to head the other way. :lol:
I'm taking tomorrow off from the breeding route to go try to brand a few late calves. I think once we get the ones we need down to the corrals I might swap saddles and let my son see what it feels like to sort on a REAL horse. :nod:

Latest posts