what do you think of...

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
People in the dog business, kennel owners, breeders, that breed a lab with a poodle to make labradoodle puppies, or a Pug with a Llhaso to make puggle puppies? They flood the market create high prices for the pups, and then it pretty much becomes the pup prices become almost zero. I'm just not sure how I feel about mixing breeds like this, I think I am against it for profit, seems wrong to me. Any thoughts?

GMN

Been going on for many years. 20 years ago the big deal was crossing a doberman and a great dane, called them american guard dogs.
But if crossbreeding is good for most livestock, why not dogs too.

i dont know i think the bu11$hit would be a cool dog
it is a cross between a shitzoo and a bull dog

The breeder I got my Welsh Pembroke Corgi from had a really weird mix. It was poodle and something else and they were asking alot for those dogs, but I thought they were the ugliest dog I have seen. My husband thought they looked liked a science experiment gone bad and now a black rug was on the loose.
As long as people want them they will pay for them. I think they are out of their minds when they can go to a shelter and pick up a mix breed there for less money.

From what I have seen of some of the purebred dogs, I'd rather have a mix. IMO, to much inbreeding has bred out some of the dogs instincts and made them into hyperactive imbiciles. JMO

Why not? Aren't there a bunch of posts on here about hybrid vigour? If they can make a living on dogs good on them. It would drive me nuts, I'll stick to cows. Though I'd make more money on Labradoodles I am sure! :lol:

Around here if your a farmer the only way you could get a dog is from a the newspaper or breeder. The SPCA and the humane Society won't adopt out animals if you live on a farm.

L Weir":14ca6jfd said:
Around here if your a farmer the only way you could get a dog is from a the newspaper or breeder. The SPCA and the humane Society won't adopt out animals if you live on a farm.

Thats crazy, verging on discrimination.

GMN

Victoria":3cq7uban said:
Why not? Aren't there a bunch of posts on here about hybrid vigour? If they can make a living on dogs good on them. It would drive me nuts, I'll stick to cows. Though I'd make more money on Labradoodles I am sure! :lol:

When Labraddodles were a craze, they brought $400, now they are worth less than $100 from a broker. The reason I asked this question is because someone we know, started a kennel business, and they were clueless, lost the first 3 littlers of pups they had, then they got into Labradoodles, the first litter they sold, the 2nd had 12 pups, didn't try too hard to sell or give them away and instead of just running an ad to give them away, he shot all 12 of the pups, made me ANGRY! Now last week he asked me if I wanted the Lab female dog, I couldn't take her myself, thought about it, but did find someone to take her, because I feared he would shoot her too, a registered Yellow Lab. The point of all this, is that they make these hybrid breeds, then when the market falls, the people do drastic things, and I really wonder if they even should have a kennel. I think people have the pet/animal instincts, or they don't and when they don't they just need to not go into that business.

GMN

Wow, around here Labradoodles are $2500 - $3500. At least he shot the puppies instead of turning them out in the country, that's what really makes me angry. I agree people should breed responsibly regardless of the animal.

What a dweebe.
Probably thought to make a quick buck on the craze.

My dog is not hyperactive. he is a good family/work dog who enjoys Coors beer. :)

People who dump their dogs in the country should be taken out and dumped naked in the middle of no where and then have to try to survive and avoid being shot. See how they like it.

I agree with those of you that beleive dogs have hybrid vigor. Seems like every purebred dog has problems with allergies or something else like obesity. Crossbreds seem to have no problems. At least that is what I've experienced.

Latest posts