What are you wearing?

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Have shorts and a T shirt on, temperatures have been in the high 90's(a few went over 100) for the last two weeks. Have had a couple of drops of rain since Christmas, everything is scorched, it's horrible. Not as horrible as what some of you are experiencing though :shock:

When it gets cold here and I have to don too much gear to keep the cold at bay not much work gets done...It's kind of claustrophobic with all the layers of clothing. How do you folks handle it?

Anyone wish to trade weather? :hide:

Yes, I'll trade in a heartbeat. It it -4 f with a wind chill of -22 right now. We deal with it with many layers of clothes, and lots of coffee. And not as much gets done here outside when it is that cold.

Really funny you are Alisonb. A while back I told my wife that we need a place on each side of the equator. I have on sweat pants, long sleeve T shirt, a flannel shirt and insulated coveralls. My weak spots have wool socks and a beanie.

highgrit":3vezqyxi said:
Really funny you are Alisonb. A while back I told my wife that we need a place on each side of the equator.
Sounds like a plan. Look at how much you could save with year round grazing. Not sure how much it would cost to ship a load of cattle that far though. :D

If only hey Hillbilly and Highgrit, we could have almost perfect weather :D

A while back Rockridge posted some pics of herself and her hubby clad in big thick jackets and gloves or rather mittins...I recall thinking 'how do these people get anything done'. Am not just referring to the general stuff but what about little things like turning a key or opening a pocket knife, the gloves must come off everytime. Never mind having to go to the lav :shock:

It's 6 degrees Fahrenheit here now. It was 1 when I got up. I don't own true cold weather clothes. I just have on a carhart, and blue jeans. Been meaning to get some for years. Atleast some warm boots would help. I'm wearing leather sole cowboy boots. Toes are really hurting. Been doing chores out of my truck, instead of off my 4 wheeler for a few days now.

Weather has been pretty mild here, wearing jeans and t-shirt mid day but heavy coat morning and evenings. Like a lot of places we will drop down in temps to the mid to high teens (15 F). How cold does your area get in your winter months?

I wanted to answer this question this morning when I read it but waited until I got dressed. Slacks, boots, dress shirt and a new sports coat

Bigfoot - at least please get some warm boots, that cold there :eek:

Alan - Our coldest reaches about -7C(19F), nothing to complain about ;-)

M5farm":14hwu08z said:
I wanted to answer this question this morning when I read it but waited until I got dressed. Slacks, boots, dress shirt and a new sports coat
:lol:
Sounds like you are a man of leisure off to have luncheon with royalty :p

I always say that there is nothing about my Swedish ancestry or being raise on the North Pacific coast that prepares me for hot weather. I do cold much better than hot. It is in the 40's now and I just wear jeans and a sweat shirt. Over 50 degrees and I am driving the pick up with the window down. When it gets into the 30's I put on a coat. Below 10 degrees and I put on long underwear and a Stormy Kromer hat. I have been in lots of sub zero weather in Alaska but it very rarely does that here. The flip side is that above 85 and work stops on my place. Above 95 and I am dieing.

I am lazy today. Still have on warm pj's, robe, thick socks and still not really warm. Have to get up and start trying to put on heavy layers to go check cows. Then on for my husband's appointment for MRI on his shoulder. He can always pick the worst days to have to get out.
This is a good day to stay inside.

About 18 degrees here with sun shining and very slight breeze. Wind blew like a storm yesterday but temps were above freezing. Suppose to get up to about 38 this afternoon so I'll probably wait until afternoon to even get out of the house.

Ready to try to brave the cold in corduroy pants, wool socks, camisole, pull over sweater, quilted vest, wool scarf, heavy coat, wool muffler, gloves. Hope I don't freeze.

Ugh, khakis. Sitting at my desk though. :D This morning had on jeans, bibs, sweat shirt, vest, over coat, sock hat, and insulated gloves.

J&D Cattle":23ag01ge said:
Ugh, khakis. Sitting at my desk though. :D This morning had on jeans, bibs, sweat shirt, vest, over coat, sock hat, and insulated gloves.
Got a little "nipply" down here today as well. Wife had to put a bra on. :hide: