What are fancy and club cattle?

Help Support CattleToday:

clem

Reaction score
I have seen ads for fancy cattle, black and bwf, with the white face I assume they don't have to be pb. What are fancy cattle? Also, what are club cattle? Thanks, Clem

clem":1r7y7ga8 said:
I have seen ads for fancy cattle, black and bwf, with the white face I assume they don't have to be pb. What are fancy cattle? Also, what are club cattle? Thanks, Clem

Fancy cattle sounds like a sales pitch, but club calves are calves bought to show such as young heifers or steers sold at the market sale for the fair for example, hope that helps.

BlackBaldyMan":3es5jvwm said:
clem":3es5jvwm said:

Fancy cattle sounds like a sales pitch, but club calves are calves bought to show such as young heifers or steers sold at the market sale for the fair for example, hope that helps.

said it well. people who raise clubby calves usually are well known and make ALOT of money doin it. you dont purchase them at a salebarn neither. they are usually worth WWAAAYYY more then that.

said it well. people who raise clubby calves usually are well known and make ALOT of money doin it. you dont purchase them at a salebarn neither. they are usually worth WWAAAYYY more then that.[/quote]

I don't think very many club calf people make a lot of money. It really is a high stakes game to see who can produce the great ones. Everyone and their dog is trying to do that, but few succeed. Look at TH and PHA, that isn't really a commercial man's concern, it was the clubbies that inbreed, linebreed whatever for muscle and style. It is a hobby, just like boating or hunting. Very few make money.

well people around your area may not, but the guys who raise clubby calves around here do. and its not a hobby, its how they make a living.