What a bad day

Help Support CattleToday:

VAStocker

Reaction score
Had a few pulls to make this morning after feeding up one looked pretty sick and the other not too bad but I could tell he was getting sick, while driving them out of the pasture and to the barn the one that felt the best got a little crazy took off across the pastue like a bat out of hell the next thing we knew he hit the ground when he got back up he had broken his front right leg pretty bad a compound fracture the other had a extremly high fever but before we could get him out of the pasture he hit the pond and walked as far as he could go. I wasn't about to lose two calves in the same day from unusal event so I went swiming and finally got him to the barn what a day.

You really have had a bad day. I'm sorry to hear it but those days just seem to make their rounds. I hope things are much brighter tomorrow.

Hey VA,
Sorry about your rough day. I'm sure tomorrow will be much better.

I had a nice surprise today. Beefy, one of my favorite mamas, had a healthy calf. A year ago her '05 calf died after 3 days and I debated whether or not to keep her. I'm glad I did.
gabby

Boy that sounds like one of my days........sorry you had one

We got rid of all the water in our pastures-- When they get sick its where they try and hole up every time :(
We had one pond where we kept a rope that two of us could walk up the pond and if we were lucky we could force the calf out with the rope.
Very dangerous going in water with a sick calf-- they can try and drown you and they know EXACTLY what they are doing.

Howdyjabo":4v2bjjb8 said:
Gabby-- you are celebrating three days too early :)

Maybe so, but the one that died a year ago never had any strength but this one seems normal, so far!

Latest posts