Well I'm almost off

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy?

Reaction score
I plan to start cutting in the morning. 40% chance of rain. They have been saying that for over a week though. Trust me, when I put hay on the ground a 10% chance would fall on me. I will take one last look at the weather in the morning but man do I need to get some hay in the barn.

Wish me luck folks that if it does rain, it rains around me. :cboy:

I'm back. No cutting. By the time I got the mower to the farm, unload, hooked up to the 285 tractor, got everything adjusted to that tractor, mowed 50 feet for a test and saw the rains coming across the pastures. So it rained Fri, Sat, and Sun. With the shortages I didn't want to risk loosing any so I will try again next week.

I did manage to get some PM done on the tractors and other equipment. Got the hay barn cleared from a years accumulation of equipment and stuff that got stuck in there. Trimmed trees near gates so the mower will go under them. All was not lost at least.

I shouldn't complain. We REALLY needed the rain but I wanted to cut. Good thing is I didn't loose any and I got some rain.

When you get enough of that rain, send it up this way. If I had any hay to cut, it is dry enough to cut it this morning and bale it this afternoon. Maybe you will get some good hay cutting weather soon.

Lane, I was REALLY tempted to cut. I got so tired of hearing about the 30, 40, 50, 60% chances and not seeing anything. I'm not really sure why but I figured my place was due after watching it go around me so many times.

I stared T-storms right in the eye a cut away last week and got lucky. If it had been this week it would of washed me away.

I'm glad it worked out for you Rod. It wouldn't have for me. I plan to try again Thursday. I have been watching the weather shape up since last weekend trying to figure out what might happen. Then again, sometimes you win and sometimes you loose.

Crowderfarms":3de6uxv9 said:
The Bachelor":3de6uxv9 said:
Dang, wished you lived closer to me....... We're still dry....
Be careful for what you wish for...Flaboy as a neighbor? :lol:

Hey, watch it. I can turn the music down every now and then. Plus I am good entertainment. :lol:

Ithought I might bale today, but the clouds just opened up. THAT MOWER LOOKS GREAT flaboy

Crowderfarms":19uxng04 said:
The Bachelor":19uxng04 said:
Dang, wished you lived closer to me....... We're still dry....
Be careful for what you wish for...Flaboy as a neighbor? :lol:

maybe he'd let me borrow his mower..... The horses can barely pull mine around anymore....... ;-)

Well, they showed 20% Thursday in South Florida, 10% Friday, 10% Sat, 20% Sunday, so, I cut a field down yesterday (Thurs). It rained last night. Rains chances are going up hourly now. :mad:

flaboy?":zw4l3drx said:
Well, they showed 20% Thursday in South Florida, 10% Friday, 10% Sat, 20% Sunday, so, I cut a field down yesterday (Thurs). It rained last night. Rains chances are going up hourly now. :mad:

My cows like that good clean hay that got rained on.

Washes all the dust off.

I didn't cut anymore and boy I was lucky. Rained 1/2 mile east of me hard. I got a little light sprinkle Friday night. Fluffed it Sat morning, got a mist right after and then the sun just barreled down for a about 4 hours. Long enough for me get it baled and in the barn. Sunday it rained pretty hard.

Showing 40-50% all week so I don't know when I will try it again.

I was lucky with the raiun the past week also. We rolled 500 rolls from Monday til yesterday afternoon. Had two days that it rained around us within 1/2 mile. Now if it will hold off this afternoon and let me get the last 20 acres I've got cut it can rain.

Latest posts