Well done Australia, world champions again.

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime said:
Hate to be the one to tell you, but link does not work.

Well this was last year
https://youtu.be/MBmZ_mWwnoU
This year we were against New Zealand and it was much much closer. I don't know how you try out for the chainsaw leg but i reckon i could handle that part.

Link worked fine for me.
Congrats, but...what kind of logs are they ax chopping on?
It sure ain't yellow pine..

I think I could handle the buck saw part where all ya do is lean against the log and put the little wedge in at the end....pretty sure I can...maybe.......

Congrats to them. Pretty neat competition. Like the lumberjack competitions they have in the states... takes alot of skill, and being in pretty d@#m good shape!!!

greybeard said:
Link worked fine for me.
Congrats, but...what kind of logs are they ax chopping on?
It sure ain't yellow pine..

I think I could handle the buck saw part where all ya do is lean against the log and put the little wedge in at the end....pretty sure I can...maybe.......

I'd love to know the sort of training involved in being the wedge man. I guess when you think about it you would have to make sure you don't let that saw bind or you'd be fired on the spot.

I think each country uses their own timber, not sure what they use for international events. Guessing some kind of oak. Here in western Australia they use jarrah and that is a bloody hard wood to cut through. White ants don't eat it because it bluntens their teeth.

I competed one time in a competition at Thorn Bay Alaska. That was back in 1980. This was not the pro's. It was all real loggers from logging camps around SE Alaska. Erv Sutton and I came in second in the line spicing content which I thought was pretty good considering we were both fallers and not riggin men. We took the first four places in the stock saw contest. Every one used one of the two brand new Stihl 075's. You brought your own bar and chain. Winning was all in how good the chain was sharpened. Some of the men were going to compete in Sitka and week or two later. We didn't go as we would have had an expensive flight to get there.

Latest posts