Well C.B. I gotta hand it to you...

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
... the crazies are everywhere even at church. Just like you said on a different thread a while back.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/2 ... =webmail22

BOILING SPRINGS, S.C (AP) -- A shotgun-toting man kicked in a church door during Sunday services before being disarmed by congregants who saw the armed man coming through the church windows, locked the doors, and sprang on him after he burst inside, sheriff's deputies said.

TexasBred":2hp04iof said:
hooknline":2hp04iof said:
That was their second mistake
Yeah...they would probably still be planning funerals.

TB have you moved to Ca.?
Your right his cause he would have had at least a half dozen aimed at him.
I would worry most about the x Navy Seal I doubt he would miss.

Caustic Burno":lj2pgr5t said:
TexasBred":lj2pgr5t said:
hooknline":lj2pgr5t said:
That was their second mistake
Yeah...they would probably still be planning funerals.

TB have you moved to Ca.?
Your right his cause he would have had at least a half dozen aimed at him.
I would worry most about the x Navy Seal I doubt he would miss.
No CB I'm still in Texas and still own as many guns as most Texans....but the man was taken down and arrested. No guns were needed. An noone was accidentally shot by a bunch of trigger happy folks who can't listen to the sermon for listening to every creak the church door makes.

Hire off duty deputies. Some are doing that now. Of course, there is always that "suicide by cop" thing to contend with.

My church has security. Not because we are worried about gun toting idiots. But churches are considered soft targets for thieves. How many cars are unlocked in the church parking lot? Afterall who would steal from a person at church on a Sunday? And unlike the mall the thief know what time the people will be coming out of the church. We had someone hide out inside the church. After everyone had left they packed several keyboards and other electronic things to the door. There was an alarm on the door but no motion detector inside the building. They must have had someone with a truck on the outside. Because when they openned the door and the alarm went of it was only a few minutes and they had everything loaded up and gone.

TB
Maybe we can send you some of our crack and meth head's we will even throw in a free bucket of fire ant's to help you restock. :lol: We have absolutely no law in this county and they know it. Sheriff deputies don't patrol the county roads as the sheriff put in the paper that the roads are to rough for his patrol cars.

TB yesterday been reparing lease gates with my old neighbor as the crack head's are always pulling them down to get to the well site's. They steal the site glasses to do something with in their dope business. On the way home as I neared the church noticed a crack head at the front door. When the tractor kept getting closer he started getting nervous and walked across the county road and stood by the cementary. I stopped and ask if he was lost replied he just liked to look at old cementaries. I told him to get on down the road as I was calling the constable as he is the only one who will patrol or come out here. As I pulled off I got my cellphone while watching in the mirror a truck appeared and picked him up and sped off. The little church is located in a wye in the road, they were casing it bet my bottom dollar. First thought is they would come back when the little elderly lady clean's it walk in on her and knock her in the head.

Caustic Burno":3r8yuy7c said:
TB yesterday been reparing lease gates with my old neighbor as the crack head's are always pulling them down to get to the well site's. They steal the site glasses to do something with in their dope business. On the way home as I neared the church noticed a crack head at the front door. When the tractor kept getting closer he started getting nervous and walked across the county road and stood by the cementary. I stopped and ask if he was lost replied he just liked to look at old cementaries. I told him to get on down the road as I was calling the constable as he is the only one who will patrol or come out here. As I pulled off I got my cellphone while watching in the mirror a truck appeared and picked him up and sped off. The little church is located in a wye in the road, they were casing it bet my bottom dollar. First thought is they would come back when the little elderly lady clean's it walk in on her and knock her in the head.
Nah....if they wwant something they'll just kick the door in and get what they want. We have our share of those kinds as well. You never know what they're up to but apparently they find all they wnat around the farms and such as they don't seem to bother churches or those worshipping inside.

I'd much rather be prepared and than not.

Its dang hard to live with the aftermath but I could not imagine living with the aftermath of having a loved one taken while I sat there helpless.

backhoeboogie":mvvwllsx said:

Its dang hard to live with the aftermath but I could not imagine living with the aftermath of having a loved one taken while I sat there helpless.

Amen to that I believe in praise the Lord and pass the ammo.

yes win loose or draw something like that makes you ask can i live an die with the choices i make.even though the some of the people took the gunman down they couldve still gotten shot.

backhoeboogie":1wpdnst7 said:

How about having to live with the fact that she got killed because YOU pulled your pistol Mr. Dillon??

TexasBred":1xqa3dhc said:
backhoeboogie":1xqa3dhc said:

How about having to live with the fact that she got killed because YOU pulled your pistol Mr. Dillon??
then id imagine the shooter would be killed after the fact.

TexasBred":u2jh0lv5 said:
backhoeboogie":u2jh0lv5 said:

This is where we are never going to agree. I am never going to be in the postion that I am the victim. No matter where I am at, I am going to be able to defend my family and self. Not sitting there totally helpless to do anything because of some crack head or nut. We live in a much more violent world than just ten years ago much less 20 years ago.
When I was in High School every truck in the parking lot had a shotgun in it. No one even thought about shooting someone because of a fight. Just watch the news people are attacked every day for unbelievable thing's.
We live in a much more violent society today just fact . The destuction of the family through welfare and drug's has
played a major role along with the media. Another fact if you are Southern, White, Christian, and beleive in the second admendment we are under attack and viewed as low IQ dangerous citizen. Watch the news today a preacher was arrested in Ca. for preaching in public.

TB I think you are a stand up fellow we just see the world through different rose colored glasses.
I respect your opinion just disagree.

TexasBred":1jyx8kk6 said:
backhoeboogie":1jyx8kk6 said:

It was not me that pulled the trigger. It would have been the agressor. Odds are someone in the crowd would have the drop on the intruder in the first place TB.

You have the right to not carry. You have the right to express yourself on this issue too. I respect that.

I have legal rights as well as moral rights myself.

My hopes are that neither one of us ever have to say, "I told you so." I wouldn't go there in the first place.

This story is about 15 minutes from my house. The guy had been to the church earlier in the morning, and the pastor's grandson had gotten him to leave. The grandson is a CWP holder. The grandson drew on him when he came thru the door according to the reports around here, but he was glad that he didn't have to shoot.

CWP permit application numbers are up here. A lady walking thru a very public park was attacked but pulled her gun and shot the attacker. A few months later 2 men robbed a Waffle House @ 1am. One of them eneded up getting shot and killed by a CWP holder. The sheriff here has made national headlines for recommending people to get their CWP's.

It's a sad situation where you have to have armed people at church, but I agree on protecting yourself. You never know where the crackheads are going to show up.

Latest posts