Welding Helmet

Help Support CattleToday:

larryshoat

Reaction score
Gregs sunburn thread reminded me that I just bought an auto darkening welding helmet from Northern tool for 50 bucks and it's the best one by far I've ever used. If you want one cost is no longer an issue, when those first came out they were higher than a cats back.

Larry

The boss lady gave me an auto darkening as a gift a while back. It is an awesome tool. Now that I am used to it, its going to be hard to go back if I had to.

I don't like that fact that I cannot flip up the lens and grind

The best helmut I ever used was one with an air filtration system built in. The filter with blower attached to your belt and not only cleaned the air but blew cool air into the helmut all the time. I was working in a mine at the time and used to have to spend hours hard surfacing the shovel teeth and the loader buckets. That thing was sure a Godsend on hot days.

backhoeboogie":2g582zm0 said:
The boss lady gave me an auto darkening as a gift a while back. It is an awesome tool. Now that I am used to it, its going to be hard to go back if I had to.

I don't like that fact that I cannot flip up the lens and grind

Yeah, I guess it must be too hard to make a reliable connection that would take the constant movement involved in raising the lens, or too expensive I should say.

Larry

3waycross":24k7ivvw said:
The best helmut I ever used was one with an air filtration system built in. The filter with blower attached to your belt and not only cleaned the air but blew cool air into the helmut all the time. I was working in a mine at the time and used to have to spend hours hard surfacing the shovel teeth and the loader buckets. That thing was sure a Godsend on hot days.

Sounds good 3way, about this time of year that would be nice, probably over my budget, but who knows in a few years they may be everywhere.

Larry

larryshoat":275lqop6 said:
3waycross":275lqop6 said:

Sounds good 3way, about this time of year that would be nice, probably over my budget, but who knows in a few years they may be everywhere.

Larry

Larry
That was in 1976. They should be everywhere by now?

Latest posts