Durafix aluminum welding rods

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":247yjzf9 said:
looks as handy as gorilla glue :cowboy: just think of the money you can save on repairing aluminum
Not nearly as messy as Gorilla Glue.
[we'll probably be labeled racists for the mere mention of gorillas)
oops--I did it again. Dang.

dont know about that,,, he just showed me the video on his phone, and said the kit cost around 30.00 bucks... which could pay for itself with one rod...

ALACOWMAN":196kcxsv said:
dont know about that,,, he just showed me the video on his phone, and said the kit cost around 30.00 bucks... which could pay for itself with one rod...

Nice do you know how many rods come in the kit?

My brother bought something just like that if not the exact thing. It will do everything he claimed it would do, but keep in mind he is not welding, it is more like brazing or soldering. It never becomes part of the parent metal. Definitely something to keep in the tool box, but I don't think you weld your trailer hinge with it.

Larry

larryshoat":3mxmgf0f said:
My brother bought something just like that if not the exact thing. It will do everything he claimed it would do, but keep in mind he is not welding, it is more like brazing or soldering. It never becomes part of the parent metal. Definitely something to keep in the tool box, but I don't think you weld your trailer hinge with it.

Larry

x2. I've used it repairing airplanes :lol2: Not really, but I have used it. It's great for some things. I think I got it from JC Whitney