Websites...

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
OK, Just curious... how many of you have websites for your farming operations? I know that in my case I am way overdue to put one together as I would like to showcase our cattle as well as our hay and other custom farming services. I have started (with the help of my computer smart children) to build a website. We should be up and running sometime this year!

I probably differ from most as I don't see a website as "needed" for sales and services but rather as a way to showcase the operations and let people get a first hand look at the operation.

I hope that this topic doesn't go againts the "No Advertising" rule here on the boards... I just think it would be fun to see some of your operations. If you do have a website, please reply with a link so we can all check it out!
:cboy:
Brian

It's been a long time ago but we've had this discussion before. I initially built mine from some software I purchased, but after comparing it to what others had it was kindergarten stuff. :lol:

Wasn't long ago I ran across a site that you could build and host your site for free. It had much better tools than the one I bought, so I abandoned the old one and built this one.

slick4591":2w8mqdp1 said:
It's been a long time ago but we've had this discussion before. I initially built mine from some software I purchased, but after comparing it to what others had it was kindergarten stuff. :lol:

Wasn't long ago I ran across a site that you could build and host your site for free. It had much better tools than the one I bought, so I abandoned the old one and built this one.
Nice website Slick! I love to see other cattle operations.

Thanks for the input!

We have one that I started for the grandkids when they were little. It's just the cows and their progress calving. Now I keep it going even though the GKs have outgrown it necause some other folks find it interesting to keep track of things.

dun":2slmb1ow said:
We have one that I started for the grandkids when they were little. It's just the cows and their progress calving. Now I keep it going even though the GKs have outgrown it necause some other folks find it interesting to keep track of things.
Dun... care to share the link?

dun":ylvq1az3 said:
We have one that I started for the grandkids when they were little. It's just the cows and their progress calving. Now I keep it going even though the GKs have outgrown it because some other folks find it interesting to keep track of things.
Ditto, almost exactly - my nephew was a city kid (now a city adult) and I gave him a heifer calf when he was 10. The website was first an attempt to keep him connected to her life. Then other people started reading it and now it's a sort of "Days of Cows' Lives". I don't primarily sell through it, but sales and jobs have come my way because of it. It's a history of my knowledge of farming and website creation: both are gradually improving - as have computer monitors and connection speeds over the years I've been doing it. Since your intention isn't primarily sales, maybe mine answers your question to some extent: www.diggersvalley.co.nz

I don't need one but I have used them. I now have a facebook page only because I had to join to be enabled to look at cattle that some vendors only place on their facebook. Even when I am not buying, I window shop them. It helps prepare you for buying. I would recommend a website to anyone selling cattle directly to a buyer. When I had more time (cattle changed all of that), I sold on ebay. I was impressed that I could sit at home and the whole world was at my fingertips to market!!!

Latest posts