Weaver Lester

Help Support CattleToday:

cleland

Reaction score
Has any one used the Gelbvieh bull Weaver Lester? Just curous on results.
Thanks
Jeff

I never heard of him but looked him up.

Some very strange EPD's unbelievable growth numbers 46 TM and a 4 for milk. How does that happen????????

Seen some of its offspring, this bull is used for growth from what i have seen. I guess depending on your operation and cows epd's on if i would use him. see if he matches with your cows, but all in all he's not a bad AI sire.

double v":1lrxyozi said:
Seen some of its offspring, this bull is used for growth from what i have seen. I guess depending on your operation and cows epd's on if i would use him. see if he matches with your cows, but all in all he's not a bad AI sire.

I understand that but it still doesn't explain a Milk number of 4 and a TM in the 40's. How does the TM get that high without any milk? I am just looking for this to make sense. That's all!

3waycross":2yxaz8nl said:
double v":2yxaz8nl said:

I understand that but it still doesn't explain a Milk number of 4 and a TM in the 40's. How does the TM get that high without any milk? I am just looking for this to make sense. That's all!

Because you add the sire and dam together and divide by two. That is probably how it got that high.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":pzc3mf5n said:
3waycross":pzc3mf5n said:
double v":pzc3mf5n said:

Because you add the sire and dam together and divide by two. That is probably how it got that high.

Well one is a 11 and the other is a 13, and he has a milk epd of 4, how's YOUR math dypshyt. Maybe you can explain to me how any bull can have a milk epd of 4 and be over 40 for TM.

Gelbvieh could be different from the other breeds; but total maternal is calculated by halving the Weaning weight EPD and then adding all the milk to it. IF TM is 46 and Milk is 4 that would mean that Weaning WT is 84. IF that is not correct Gelbvieh is using a different formula.

Brandonm22":21we7fs5 said:
Gelbvieh could be different from the other breeds; but total maternal is calculated by halving the Weaning weight EPD and then adding all the milk to it. IF TM is 46 and Milk is 4 that would mean that Weaning WT is 84. IF that is not correct Gelbvieh is using a different formula.

At last an answer that makes sense. Thanks!

S&WSigma40VEShooter":g016hmgd said:
Id be mighty careful who you call names. I aint one to back down from a fight.

yea yea we've heard it all before. 6'6," armed to the teeth, black belt in everything. blahblahblah. we've had this conversation before, save your breath neither I nor anyone else wants to hear it. OK, you win I am scared out of my mind, I will never cross you again.

At least when you were TMBP you seemed to understand EPD's

Latest posts