weather

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusSenorita

Reaction score
anyone else on the reciving end of crazy weather?

We are getting some bad weather coming through here, tornado sirens have just started going off. No tordano yet but nasty hail and wind

AngusSenorita":3n87rnap said:

We are getting some bad weather coming through here, tornado sirens have just started going off. No tordano yet but nasty hail and wind

Just came thru here and is about to hit my daughter's family in Rio Vista. Quarter size hail, but fortunately no tornado. You keep watch and stay safe.

Alice

Yep, starting here in hunt county. The storm that is about to come right over me has already spawned tornado's. I moved the horses in to the barn took my truck to the barn and ran back home. I want some rain but dont this kind of rain.

I guess we got pretty lucky out here in Jack Co. Rained for 'bout an hour or so and go lil over 1/2" of rain and some wind, but no hail or tornado.

Came through here not long ago. The weather people were telling us to take cover. I don't think we suffered any damages as I didn't hear anything bad. We did have a little bit of hail.

well we didn't get much, at one point they thought the tornado was going to come through here but it shifted. we just got some rain, the sky went really dark and we got some lightening but other than that it was nothing harsh

AngusSenorita":w9zjgars said:

I thought tornados were "ho hum" to Texans.
My pastures were green--now they are yellow. One week of 80 F followed by a week of 30 F will do that. In 57 yr, I've never seen weather exactly like this.
Warm early usually means drought. But we've had 5" this week. No pattern has stood up yet.

john250":1hgcqv0y said:
AngusSenorita":1hgcqv0y said:

I thought tornados were "ho hum" to Texans.
My pastures were green--now they are yellow. One week of 80 F followed by a week of 30 F will do that. In 57 yr, I've never seen weather exactly like this.
Warm early usually means drought. But we've had 5" this week. No pattern has stood up yet.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

No, tornados aren't ho hum, let me assure you.

Alice (from one who knows)

Crazy weather? Yeah, lemme tell ya'. Two weeks where it was averaging in the 70's (gorgeous!), then dropped back down to freezing for a week and a half. And then, last night - 3 inches of snow! And by golly if it wasn't back up to 50 today! My chickens are getting tired of it and so is my arthritis!!

crazy, thats an understatment. all winter has been up and down. 80's one week, 20's the next. and it snowed here more then it has the last few years combined. luckily no snow lately. just alot of rain. im sick of the mud.

Caldwell County managed to pretty much dodge the bullet this time. We got about an hours worth of T&L and a little rain and wind and that's about it.Z

Three plus inches and still pounding down, didn't start raining until late last night. Everything is soaking wet! I had to put the tractor against the hay barns doors to keep the wind from blowing them in.

Just the same old thing up here, another foot of snow last night. The only thing different, it was a wet heavy snow, almost had a heart attack shovelling it away from the front door. Still have an 8 ft pile of snow in our front lawn. :help:

We had a miserable Saturday. 20 mph north wind, 40 degrees, cloudy, misting rain. Then Sunday (yesterday) it was in the high 60s, low 70s, clear sky and almost no wind. What a welcome change. Today looks pretty good, too. We started off at about 35 degrees and are headed for low 70s. Last year on April 15th, the temperature was 102 degrees. I'm glad we don't have that again....yet.

Latest posts