Weather Liars at it again!

Help Support CattleToday:

ffscj

Reaction score
Weather liars said we should get 3/4" of rain yesterday, 3/4" last night and maybe 1" today. Well, as of 1:00 this afternoon we have gotten 6 3/4" and its still raining. Spent the morning digging a trench to keep the runoff from going into the barn. But mind you, I'm not complaining about the mud and rain. I found out what happens when you do that and I don't want to go through that again. :)

Chris

They were forcasting that it would be really bad here by morning. Sure had some disappointed kids this morning :D .

We are getting rain and a little sleet now.

they were right on here...kinda weird...you dont see that too often. woke up this morning and everything was white, and it sleeted for a while early this morning. now its snowing and has been most the day. real light, but still snow.

here's some pics i just took:

DSC01250.JPG

DSC01249.JPG

DSC01248.JPG

these were taken right outside the door of the ranch office.

Ryan

3 plus inches of a mixture of sleet, snow, freezing rain and starlings. The starlings aren;t included in the 3 inches. At least the temp has stabalized for a while at 23 degrees

dun

ffscj":1247yy1v said:
Weather liars said we should get 3/4" of rain yesterday, 3/4" last night and maybe 1" today. Well, as of 1:00 this afternoon we have gotten 6 3/4" and its still raining. Spent the morning digging a trench to keep the runoff from going into the barn. But mind you, I'm not complaining about the mud and rain. I found out what happens when you do that and I don't want to go through that again. :)

Chris

I think it's only about 28 degrees; snow has slowed down. But the wind is out of the north at about 30 mphs.

We took some heifers to be ultrasounded yesterday. We were standing behind a stock trailer, visiting with friends. When we walked out from behind that trailer and the north wind it us, it was like walking into a deep freeze. Temp dropped from 61 to 42 in the 40 minutes or so it took us to drive home. This wasn't supposed to hit until late last night. All the schools are closed today because the roads are icy. Brr. Thank goodness it probably won't last more than a couple of days here.

I agree: never, ever complain about having too much rain. It's been too tough the last few years without enough rain.

Are you ready to move back to FL? :p

Caustic Burno":3r4vn4vx said:
You can keep this cold weather this boy will take a 100 degs any day.
It is colder than a witches tit in a brass bra.

I agree with you 100%. I would take 100 degrees days any day, too. When I was driving home last night it dropped from 78degrees to 55deg. in about a minute and a half...No Joking, I'm serious. And within another 15 minutes it was down to 41 degrees. I was driving north on 281 heading directly towards the front, but still, thats amazingly fast. I had to take a hammer with me all over this morning so i could open all the gates that were froze shut.

Ryan

Caustic Burno":2ablwlr7 said:
You can keep this cold weather this boy will take a 100 degs any day.
It is colder than a witches tit in a brass bra.

My blood doesn;t even start circulating till it's at least 85. I've had enough winter for this year

dun

I'm sure glad we could share this with y'all down south there this time ;-) :lol: After 2 days of near blizzard conditions, 8 inches of new snow (which all ended up in 2 and 3 foot deep drifts) 15 Below temps, 30-40 mph winds, and 40-50 Below wind chills I was glad to send it on... ;-) :lol:

Actually got to 25 Above today- but still had howling winds and another inch of snow....

The liars say we should get 6-13" tonight. Guess I better get feeding done before it starts.

Nowland Farms":2147vucv said:
dun":2147vucv said:
I've had enough winter for this year

Cheer up Dun, you've only got about 30 more days of winter this year.

I wish it was only 30 days. January and february are our real serious winter months

dun

wow! over here, we got at least 5 inches of snow! it is terrible because we've got 9 head of horses here! (kinda south of wichita)
ss

Been in Florida a little over a year from NY and I am finding that when it drops to the 50's here I need a warm jacket...lol
I don't miss the cold rain and freezing winters!
I do miss the snow around the holidays though.
Sending warm weather vibes your way!!
Karen :)

this morning from midnight to 2:15am I was in and out of our chicken houses slowing down the ventilation fans so that the chickens could be warm enough. The chickens were getting out their little knitting needles to knit themselves sweaters when I first got there - it was 20 degrees below the desired temp. brrrr... but it worked like a charm and at 4 and 6 am the temps were perfect
we ended up with about 5 inches of rain, an inch of sleet/slush, and 3-4 inches of snow and temps in the teens
wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't been 70 just 2 days ago :roll:

Ryan, I always imagined Texas to be hot most of the time. What part do you live in? We sure do live in a diverse world. Its overcast and storms are predicted for later today. We just had the best spring and have just started summer.
Plenty of green grass and the cattle are fat.The garden looks good.
Colin

Latest posts