weather affect

Help Support CattleToday:

rm987

Reaction score
can weather affect the behavior of a heifer. the last couple days its been cloudy/a lil windy and shes been acting very bad. she doesnt want to walk and goes crazy wen i try to make her but before shes been a big puppy

Weather could be a factor. Is your heifer cycling maybe? I ask this because we have an 11 month old heifer, not a show heifer freezer beef and companion for our market steer, but when she is cycling or close to cycling her "attitude" changes. For lack of a better word she gets snotty. After she finishes her heat she is back to her normal self for the next 3 weeks or so.

Not sure if this is what's up with your heifer, just an idea.

my baby, aka my first calf, gets in a terrible mood when its cold windy and its supposed to snow. wont let you pet 'em nothing....a total grouch with attitude like no other. but hes a steer so i know its not a cycle thing.

She could be, heifers if I remember correctly can start as early as 9-10 months old. (Sorry still a bit new to heifers) Mine started when she was 9 months old. If she isn't in heat or starting to cycle I would chaulk it up to the weather for now.

Latest posts