Weaning ration

Help Support CattleToday:

HC TN Angus said:
Middle TN. Hickman Co.
You need to put that info on your profile. That way, every time your name appears in a thread, your LOCATION will be listed on the far right of the message. "Some" people on this board may remember your name AND location, but I guarantee you I won't - LOL even though you are telling us in your name. HC TN can just be prefix of a farm name - not a location. Humor us old folks.

kenny thomas call Ogle Feed in Flintville, TN. They will mix whatever you want. That is where my feed comes form and who I sell my calves to that I background. Good people to.

cumminspuller said:
kenny thomas call Ogle Feed in Flintville, TN. They will mix whatever you want. That is where my feed comes form and who I sell my calves to that I background. Good people to.

I appreciate that but I am a long way from there. I can get anything and everything mixed here. Can have it delivered to my bin it in the sack to the barn at the same price

kenny thomas said:
cumminspuller said:

I appreciate that but I am a long way from there. I can get anything and everything mixed here. Can have it delivered to my bin it in the sack to the barn at the same price
I'm sorry Kenny. That was suppose to be directed to TN HC Angus. I guess I read your name and had it on my brain when I was typing that. I'd say the delivery charge might get a little steep going to you. :lol:

cumminspuller said:
kenny thomas said:
cumminspuller said:

I'm sorry Kenny. That was suppose to be directed to TN HC Angus. I guess I read your name and had it on my brain when I was typing that. I'd say the delivery charge might get a little steep going to you. :lol:

Not a problem. You were trying to help is what matters

Someone help me out here. I hear that word "commodity blend" more and more often on here and am wondering exactly how your feed company describes this and markets it. All complete commercial feeds are made of commodities so I'm wondering why this deserves a name like "commodity blend" and what makes it different, better, cheaper or what. It's not a term I run into down this way. Guess I'm just curious or trying to become more educated. lol

TexasBred said:
Someone help me out here. I hear that word "commodity blend" more and more often on here and am wondering exactly how your feed company describes this and markets it. All complete commercial feeds are made of commodities so I'm wondering why this deserves a name like "commodity blend" and what makes it different, better, cheaper or what. It's not a term I run into down this way. Guess I'm just curious or trying to become more educated. lol

The farm stores have started selling a bagged mix of screenings, dried molasses, and cracked corn, and calling it commodity blend. Think it's at 14%.

TexasBred said:

Sort of like Friday's vegetable soup - made from Mon thru Thur leftovers. Not pure grain, not pure anything but enough of whatever to make the needed quality of feed. Some call it textured feed which is even less descriptive and means it is not 100% pelleted.

Ebenezer said:
TexasBred said:

Sort of like Friday's vegetable soup - made from Mon thru Thur leftovers. Not pure grain, not pure anything but enough of whatever to make the needed quality of feed. Some call it textured feed which is even less descriptive and means it is not 100% pelleted.
Gotcha and many thanks. Figured it had to be something similar.Guess for guarantees they just make sure they are very conservative since they probably don't know how much of any ingredient is in that mix. Down this way textured is more often used in horse feeds and will usually be a protein pellet, corn, oats and molasses.

Latest posts