Weaning lot

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks dang good! I'm sure they will be happy. And fat. Poor grazing at my place. Dry as a popcorn fart. Fertilizer won't work without water.

JMJ Farms said:
Looks dang good! I'm sure they will be happy. And fat. Poor grazing at my place. Dry as a popcorn fart. Fertilizer won't work without water.
I hate to hear that, hope you get some rain. We just got another shower, severe storms earlier in the week, about 4.5 inches and a lot of wind. We were lucky, just lost a japanese maple here, but I'm going to check fences on the lease tomorrow, I kinda expect the worst. But I'm going prepared.

snoopdog said:
JMJ Farms said:
I hate to hear that, hope you get some rain. We just got another shower, severe storms earlier in the week, about 4.5 inches and a lot of wind. We were lucky, just lost a japanese maple here, but I'm going to check fences on the lease tomorrow, I kinda expect the worst. But I'm going prepared.

Hopefully you will find all is well with the fences :tiphat:

TCRanch said:
Looks good! Get ready for "spring grass butt". How long have they been weaned?
I'm actually a little late getting it done TC, was planning on this weekend but with all the rain I don't know if I can get to the chute, and then there's the cooperation on their part. I'll be able to tell today.

snoopdog said:
TCRanch said:
I'm actually a little late getting it done TC, was planning on this weekend but with all the rain I don't know if I can get to the chute, and then there's the cooperation on their part. I'll be able to tell today.
Good luck! We're supposed to work all the cattle next weekend but looks like yet more storms rolling in - all week :bang:

snoopdog said:
TCRanch said:

Trying to get the neighbor's calf crop to the market. Sale is on a Wed. and neither Wed. or Tue. has been available for loading and hauling as of late. Trying for next Tue. with things drying out today thru Mon. but Tue is scheduled for showers again. UGH!

Update. Thinking about what I just said, I just stopped, talked to those concerned and Mon. we are going to round them up and ship them. Need to get them off the pasture and cows as the next generation is hitting the ground so a few bucks a head for another day's feed and care at the barn is no biggie considering.

Texasmark said:
snoopdog said:
TCRanch said:

Trying to get the neighbor's calf crop to the market. Sale is on a Wed. and neither Wed. or Tue. has been available for loading and hauling as of late. Trying for next Tue. with things drying out today thru Mon. but Tue is scheduled for showers again. UGH!

Update. Thinking about what I just said, I just stopped, talked to those concerned and Mon. we are going to round them up and ship them. Need to get them off the pasture and cows as the next generation is hitting the ground so a few bucks a head for another day's feed and care at the barn is no biggie considering.
We may have to do that, keep the heifers back and cut this for hay. I can change plans if the market looks good.

Latest posts