We Want Some Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Chi-man

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the best place to discuss this, but here it goes:
Last spring we sold all of our cows due to some health issues. We would like to have some more now. However, we really don't want to spend the dollars that it would require to get back in the business at the number of head we had previously. We have considered seeing if someone wanted to bring cattle to our farm where we would provide grass, hay, water, minerals, and year-round care. Our payment would be in the form of heifers. Do you all think that there would be any interest in this?? I would prefer to work with purebred cattle (Red Angus, Polled Hereford, or Horned Hereford). We have a set of scales and two semen tanks. I can A.I. if needed and take weights on the cattle. We would like to work with 40 to 50 head. We have enough resources to run around a hundred head. I hate to see all of the grass going to waste. We are also in the process of doing some pasture improvement so that as we build back, the quality of the resources will be even better. We are located in south Georgia. Please share your thoughts!!

kjonesel":2xg773s6 said:
I would say if it turns off dry again you would have people lining up with an offer like that.

+1

And if it doesn't run dry, you should still get people to sign up for that ... depending on how many heifers you want.

Good luck!

I agree that there will likely be good interest in a program like this. If you are wanting registered cattle, you may want to start by contacting the respective breed associations to let them know of your plans. Most good breed execs and reps will know who is looking to expand or needs more grass and may want to work with you.

Latest posts