WCS mix

Help Support CattleToday:

5S Cattle

Reaction score
Need to cut my WCS with something. Been feeding first calf heifer pairs but I turned the bulls in with them and don't want to risk having them shoot blanks. Is there something that I can mix with the cotton seed to make it safe?

We mix corn with it from time to time.
More to improve the corn than anything else.
We haven't seen any serious problems with feeding bulls. Did have a bull test low, but the vet blamed infection . Idk. . Most of the cotton today is relatively low in the ingredient that causes problems. And you'd have to feed it for a pretty long stretch before seeing a problem. If there is a problem it will correct itself once you stop feeding the cottonseed.
If it makes you sleep better though by all means just feed something else. Cottonseed if stored properly keeps quite well In my experience

5S Cattle":1fb0eqqi said:
Need to cut my WCS with something. Been feeding first calf heifer pairs but I turned the bulls in with them and don't want to risk having them shoot blanks. Is there something that I can mix with the cotton seed to make it safe?
Should be getting green down there. I'd just quit feeding the seed completely and save them for next year. Bulls should do well on grass.

Latest posts