Water Well Meters

Help Support CattleToday:

norriscathy

Reaction score
Heard the Texas state legislature was considering putting meter on all "high production" water wells that pump over 26,000 gallons per month. Susposed to only affect large chicken house operations and Companies like Ozarka. Don't know what they're going to do with the data. A new tax on pumping your own water? Wonder who's going to be next after Ozarka? They're already trying to dam up all of our rivers and pipeline the water back to Dallas. What's next?

Norris

eminent domain, where they just take your well. it's for the good you know. I would have thought living in Texas you'd have already experienced water monitoring.

Does a commerical entity have the right to take water from an aquifer with no consideration to the others users of the aquifer?
Case in point. Rural neighborhood established 20-40 years.
An apartment community with a 9 hole course and a large throughbred farm established in the last 4 years. Now the property(older) owners are running out of water. Having to redrill deeper or drill complete new wells. While they watch the throughbred farm irrigate with 6 inch(pipe) risers and 18" guns.
Now thats alot of water to water his grass, for his horses, in a commercial setting that makes him money.
Ditto for the golf course community. They're making more money from the fact you can step outside and play a round.
Shouldn't those that take water from a common aquifer have to compensate those that have personal use only?
Oh did hear from a lady that lives 1/4 mile from the horse farm. The owner did offer to let her fill her water bottles from his tap by the front gate. My, what a big person to go outta his way like that. Not sure what your circumstances are norris. But I'm totally for people making their living from tapped water supplies having to pay for it.
Used to chap my butt to get a $35 water bill at the house. And the watch the oilfield trucks fill their tankers from the same water supply for $7 for 140 barrels.
We have got to have drinking water. Any commerical applications should be billed as such.
You think gas prices are bad? In our life we will see water priced 4-5 times the cost of fuel. And we will be glad to pay when that time comes.