Water in Caustic's world

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
The news out of Tyler Texas TV shows that you received a lot of rain. Are the chickens roosting in the willow trees.

hurleyjd said:
The news out of Tyler Texas TV shows that you received a lot of rain. Are the chickens roosting in the willow trees.
He may have some lake front property now.

9.5 miles apart. I do not know which side of Woodville he lives on. At one time he and I discussed some kin folks of mine that lived at Colmesneil

9.5 miles apart. I do not know which side of Woodville he lives on. At one time he and I discussed some kin folks of mine that lived at Colmesneil. Very possible that I am wrong wont't be the first time and not the last.

Spent some time in Woodville when I was younger back in the 70s, was a nice area back then, most pastures in that area had some nice Hereford cattle, haven't back in that area in a while, always liked east Texas, pine trees and rolling hills, and plenty of good fishing lakes.

Caustic Burno said:
I was traveling US90 yesterday been a long time since I seen the Trinity flooding this bad.
It's been in some form of flood stage pretty much for a year now.
Discharge rate at Livingston (Goodrich gage) today is 62,400 CF/S with height at 38.1ft. In 1990, it was at maximum controllable release, which is 71,700 CF/S.
Harvey broke the mold:

Caustic Burno said:
I didn't go across in Harvey. I haven't seen the bottom flooded this deep and wide since I was a little boy.

Same on the Sabine river between Mineola and Lindale Texas.

I drove under the lake Livingston dam by Browder's marina as soon as they allowed it in Sept 2017. Stopped and got out in the middle of the bridge for a few seconds. You could feel the bridge vibrate from the water running under it. Didn't take me long to get all that I wanted of that and get to the other end and back across to dry solid ground.

Latest posts