Watching swamp people for the first time

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

We don't have cable. So the wife rented the swamp people season on DVD. We've never seen it before. Ho lee shyt they give rednecks a bad name. And gator hunters too. 5 footer so dangerous. Give me a break. Shoot them, hooks, etc. it's hard for me to watch this and take them serious

Apparently, according to the show, my wife has a 600 dollar wallet, mine is 400, my belt is 300, and the dog ate dead eyes 400 dollar wallet. :lol:
Talk about over blown tv drama

the show is entertaining and I must say for parts of the us that have no clue about that stuff and how its done I can see where it would irritate someone. The do make it seem as thought they make about 100k a month fooling with gators.

For starters, we can't shoot them, use baits with hooks, use lines attached to the bank or unattended, or hunt em during the day. They sure are fun to hunt our way though.

Confession here. I don't watch television, but we do have cable. My daughters want to watch "Rodeo Girls", so I went on A and E's web page to preview it. Fakest program I ever saw, and complete trash. I got hooked, and watched every episode.

hooknline":nriifmwk said:
For starters, we can't shoot them, use baits with hooks, use lines attached to the bank or unattended, or hunt em during the day. They sure are fun to hunt our way though.
Even in LA?

dun":24h66ai0 said:
hooknline":24h66ai0 said:
Even in LA?
No, just florida laws. Louisiana has less restrictions

hooknline":2s06h63f said:
dun":2s06h63f said:
hooknline":2s06h63f said:
Even in LA?
No, just florida laws. Louisiana has less restrictions
And it is filmed in Louisiana not florida

Only because the mosquitoes would carry away the camera crews if they had to hunt at night in florida

aint that the truth..i got a skeeter bite when it was 40 the other day

glad to see yer not on cable man..me niether for probly the last 5 yrs..honestly some cool stuff on it..i miss speedvision..cuz we got no Netflix or nothing but I don't miss payin for commercials

Netflix is easy and cheap to get. All you need is a son that has the family plan, and it doesn't matter that he lives in FL.
You guy's could be brothers from different mothers or something.

hooknline":v74tri95 said:
Only because the mosquitoes would carry away the camera crews if they had to hunt at night in florida
I'm guessing you never worked or lived in Cameron Louisiana........I lived in PCola and Jax Fla and travelled everywhere in between. Don't even begin to compare to Cameron. It was horrible.
7886318.jpg

They think they have to make everything dramatic with the reality shows to get people to watch it. You catch a gator and shoot it. Not that dramatic.
The ice road truckers show was the one I couldn't watch because I've been up there and nobody is hauling azz and the ice they are hauling those big loads over gets drilled and checked prior to them going over it and on a regular schedule. TV has to make it seem dangerous to sell it. Just a bunch of BS.

B&M Farms":7v93w3kc said:
They think they have to make everything dramatic with the reality shows to get people to watch it. You catch a gator and shoot it. Not that dramatic.
The ice road truckers show was the one I couldn't watch because I've been up there and nobody is hauling azz and the ice they are hauling those big loads over gets drilled and checked prior to them going over it and on a regular schedule. TV has to make it seem dangerous to sell it. Just a bunch of BS.

I believe there is an agenda behind most of these shows to make anyone other than what the mainstream media deems normal or propaganda is pushing appear an idiot. Most do real well at it. I believe that is what A&E intentions were with Duck Dynasty and it backfired.

greybeard":z10j9fz6 said:
hooknline":z10j9fz6 said:
I'm guessing you never worked or lived in Cameron Louisiana........I lived in PCola and Jax Fla and travelled everywhere in between. Don't even begin to compare to Cameron. It was horrible.
7886318.jpg

Where did you catch that baby skeeter.
Chocolate Bay, High Island and the Big Thicket can compete with anybodies.
I have seen brimmer cows hit the bay and be standing in water with just their nose sticking out to get relief.

That's true CB--I was driving down to Bolivar one time, had to stop on a side road to pee on hiway 124 and got slap eat up in the 30 seconds I was out of the truck. The black flies can be dang bad too.

If the geneticists up at A&M keep screwing around developing new species from 2 separate ones and we end up with flyin seed ticks, I'm gonna go ahead and blow my brains out.

Latest posts