Wart options?

Help Support CattleToday:

fellersbarnoneranch

Reaction score
:oops: So, for these unsightly little problems...how do you get rid of them and keep them from spreading? Shots? Wire cutters? Secret ointment? Anyone?

fellersbarnoneranch":2cfja9ap said:
:oops: So, for these unsightly little problems...how do you get rid of them and keep them from spreading? Shots? Wire cutters? Secret ointment? Anyone?

I really hate to ge lazy but... here is a not so old thread on warts. Very informative, and maybe a little eaiser than re-hashing it all again.
http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7553

fellersbarnoneranch":kr1p787x said:

Benign neglect!

dun

That's good stuff! Thanks and you're not lazy, I just need to learn to "search"

PANA1415.JPG

One of my mares had warts on her jaw and the vet told us to rough them up with a toothbrush to jump start the immune system and them rub them with ivermectin. They cleared up in days. Don't know if this would work on cows but you could check with the vet.

I can never get ahead of the "old heads" at our co-op...I asked one if he knew of anything for warts? He pointed to a small bottle of vaccine on the shelf and said, "use that and they will clear up in 90 days..if you don't they might linger on for three months!"

I had a cow with one on her neck and I just yanked it off. It looked like a mushroom gone bad. I asked my vet befor I did and he told me "unless it is really bothering you or it is a show animal he wouldn't wory. " Then he added the ever popular "unless it gets worse." Pulled the wart off and it bled for a little while. Nothing major and none have returned to take its place.

Scotty

fellers bar none ranch,

you have some nice looking cattle there.

jt

certherfbeef":20mltffd said:
fellersbarnoneranch":20mltffd said:

I really hate to ge lazy but... here is a not so old thread on warts. Very informative, and maybe a little eaiser than re-hashing it all again.
That sure was a fun thread. I don't think show mom has spoke since.

ollie":4zjw6m8g said:
certherfbeef":4zjw6m8g said:
fellersbarnoneranch":4zjw6m8g said:

Dang, somehow I had not followed that thread before. Went back and read it, just about spilled my coffee a couple of times. Can't believe I didn't get in on that action first time around. Got to pay more attention.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":23awrh74 said:
ollie":23awrh74 said:
certherfbeef":23awrh74 said:
fellersbarnoneranch":23awrh74 said:

Dang, somehow I had not followed that thread before. Went back and read it, just about spilled my coffee a couple of times. Can't believe I didn't get in on that action first time around. Got to pay more attention.

Craig-TX

You got to be quick on you toes around here. Good for my sake I'm sure you were a little slow on that one. There will probably be another chance for you. :)

Craig-TX":24wni4od said:

Craig-TX

you probably noticed i got in on the action late on that one, too. just like this one, i didn't even check in until i saw that for some reason it was getting lots of responses. that's usually a pretty good tip.....when you see it has gone into a 2nd page! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts