WANTED: Jersey Semen

Help Support CattleToday:

EllieJ

Reaction score
I am looking a good looking and preferably "old world" jersey bull for my jersey heifer that will be AI'ed in about 10 months. Does anybody know a good place, or even have any semen of their own? If you do could you price how much that it would be per straw, and I picture? Thanks!
Here is a picture of my jersey heifer at a yearling, she has already been bred by live cover this fall, but we are AI'ing some individuals from our Murray Grey herd next year, and I would like her to be bred with them. Sorry if you have already seen this post from another forum.
IMG_0037_zps98034eb5.jpg

What does "old world" mean? All your AI companies handle Jersey semen. Some have bulls that they are trying to prove and those can be bought relatively cheap.

From looking at the picture of your heifer, you need to breed to something with more angularity and rib shape. COBA has a bull,
7JE886 Three Valley Country Miles-ET. You can look at pictures of daughters. His Dam and MGD classified 91 and 93 respectively on the Unified Dairy Scorecard (that is really good). Dairy type has a strong correlation to production and his type could help your heifer. There may even be sexed semen available. Jersey bull calves aren't worth very much.

Latest posts