Walther PPK?

Help Support CattleToday:

hayray":sin9llpj said:
One of the worst .22 LR pistols I have ever seen is the Ruger Mark 11. You would be better off throwing that gun at a target then shooting it as much as those guns don't like feeding ammo.

22's can be picky about ammo cheap ammo cheap results causes fouling , I have a High Standard that is the most finicky and has to be absolutely clean operates flawlessly for about 50 rounds. I found that most problems with semi 22's is the magizine or dirty.

Dun I don't carry a 22 for concealed carry that job belongs to a 45 ACP,44 Colt or a 44 Special.
Prefer the 44 Colt.

Caustic Burno":d6gtm7wb said:
Dun I don't carry a 22 for concealed carry that job belongs to a 45 ACP,44 Colt or a 44 Special.
Prefer the 44 Colt.

On the farm the 22 is just too handy. About all it's called upon to protect me from is the occasioanl stump or dirt clod, a diller here and there and the occasioanl copperhead.

Caustic Burno":1jdgm65d said:
Jogeephus":1jdgm65d said:
Bought a Walther P22 this year. I really like it. Haven't jammed any yet and it is quite accurate.

Joe this is smokin hot 22 ammo 1750 FPS out of a rifle and Eley primed, here is the pistol data on it.
http://www.firearmstactical.com/test_da ... -r2245.htm

That is a hot round. I like the 22's cause I like ot plink and keep in practice. I got other calibers but you really can't beat a 22 to keep honed. I think it really don't matter what caliber you are shooting if you can't hit what you are shooting at. With me, I get out of practice easily and need to shoot often to keep my skill at mediocracy.

Here is a picture of my newest additon as well as the target of opportunity. This is the second hog I've killed with a pistol. First was with a 9 mm using a GBI bullet called a @@@@@@ killer. It was a modified hollow point and dropped the hog with one head shot like a sledge hammer. This one took a few more shots but head shots are lethal on most any animal.

IMG_3173.jpg

I saw a report years ago in a gun magazine that said the .22 LR has a 34% one shot stop record for self defense.

hayray":18cufgvw said:
I saw a report years ago in a gun magazine that said the .22 LR has a 34% one shot stop record for self defense.
I wonder if that took into consideration the different seasons and parts of the country. Summer with light clothing you would get decent penetration, winter in the north I wonder if it would even break the skin.

I don't know anything about penetration and such but I'm pretty sure if - and I doubt it will ever happen - someone tries to break in my house I'm going to reach for the 12 gauge with 00 first, when both barrels are spent, I'll be reaching for something different. My daughter - who is eleven - is very proficient with the Walther P22 as she shoots it about once a month and truly enjoys it and if you don't mind me bragging on her - she is a dang good shot with pretty consistant groups in the head and chest area at 50 feet.

Jogeephus":3gedxrud said:
I don't know anything about penetration and such but I'm pretty sure if - and I doubt it will ever happen - someone tries to break in my house I'm going to reach for the 12 gauge with 00 first, when both barrels are spent, I'll be reaching for something different. My daughter - who is eleven - is very proficient with the Walther P22 as she shoots it about once a month and truly enjoys it and if you don't mind me bragging on her - she is a dang good shot with pretty consistant groups in the head and chest area at 50 feet.

Note to self, " Don't mess with Jogeephus, his house or kids." :lol: :lol: :lol:

tom4018":2wr2ivwx said:
Jogeephus":2wr2ivwx said:

Note to self, " Don't mess with Jogeephus, his house or kids." :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I have always wanted my family to respect guns and not be scared of them. The only time we lock them up is if other children come to play. If someone else's child were to find a weapon I'm sure my children would not allow them to touch the weapon unless it were safe. To me, visual pictures is a good learning tool. With this in mind, I've always let me children first see a watermellon or an orange explode when hit by a bullet. This is something real and it seems to overide any misperceptions that they may have gotten from Hollywood - not to mention it is fun!
:nod:

Jogeephus":1wygji4d said:
tom4018":1wygji4d said:
Jogeephus":1wygji4d said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I have always wanted my family to respect guns and not be scared of them. The only time we lock them up is if other children come to play. If someone else's child were to find a weapon I'm sure my children would not allow them to touch the weapon unless it were safe. To me, visual pictures is a good learning tool. With this in mind, I've always let me children first see a watermellon or an orange explode when hit by a bullet. This is something real and it seems to overide any misperceptions that they may have gotten from Hollywood - not to mention it is fun!
:nod:

Try tomatoes, they're much more visual then oranges.

I dont much like the sig fire arms but I do like the glock 23 40 cal smith and wesson real well.