Walter Cronkite accused...

Help Support CattleToday:

There is some substance to what True Grit is saying. I think he could have expressed it in less offensive terms. I read his point to mean that in some cases (we are generalizing, each case has its unique circumstances), the failure to resist renders them complicit. Furthermore, regardless of circumstances, a woman has to live with her silence. I don't think by nature I am cut from that fabric.

Edited to add: I am referencing sexual harassment not rape.

True Grit Farms":1pmbsgpc said:
Boot Jack Bulls":1pmbsgpc said:
I have to say, I'm fairly disappointed in this crowd for making light of the situation(s). This type of response is exactly why so many women have just put up with this c**p in the workplace for so long. For every one of the celebs out there being accused, there are thousands more non-celebs that put this on their female co-workers on a regular basis. If the current coverage of the matter causes them to think twice about their behavior, I call that a step in the right direction. Although none of the recent high-profile accusations have been taken to trial, and there are 3 sides to every story (the victim, the antagonist and the truth), victim shaming in sexual assault / mis-conduct is NEVER ok. End of rant!
Think of it however you want, I put most of the blame on the woman. Each and everyone of the women could of spoke out or slapped the crap out of the accused abuser. They didn't because it wasn't that big of a deal, or they wanted the money. A lot of women will use evey tool in the box to get a promotion, power or a sugar daddy. There's a heck of a lot more female gold diggers than male gold diggers in this country. I agree 100% there's no place for this kind of stuff but it'll only stop if the women do their part.
Your first sentence is exactly why so many women have never spoken out until now. It is due to the support of most that victims now feel like they can have their say. To say they didn't speak out until now because it "wasn't that big of a deal or is financially motivated" only belies your ignorance on the subject. I will give you credit for pointing out how us women will use every trick in the book to get a promotion.... because often times we have to! I know what it feels like to work along side men who make far more money for the same position, but have less education, experience AND time with a company. And don't mistake me for a liberal, feminist or snowflake because of my stance on this. I am none of the above and am proudly conservative, but I'm calling a major :bs: on this one!

Bright Raven":1hu6xlt0 said:
There is some substance to what True Grit is saying. I think he could have expressed it in less offensive terms. I read his point to mean that in some cases (we are generalizing, each case has its unique circumstances), the failure to resist renders them complicit. Furthermore, regardless of circumstances, a woman has to live with her silence. I don't think by nature I am cut from that fabric.

I understand what you are getting at, but weather it be a rape, harassment or whatever, silence should never be taken as consent.....

Boot Jack Bulls":1qupc71f said:
Bright Raven":1qupc71f said:

I understand what you are getting at, but weather it be a rape, harassment or whatever, silence should never be taken as consent.....

Absolutely. It is not consent, however, many of the harassment and/or misconduct reports include actions on the part of the victim that throw up red flags. Example, the Matt Lauer story. A man asks a woman to unbutton her blouse and she fulfills that request. After that act, the flood gates are now open!

Bright Raven":mbnm07b9 said:
Boot Jack Bulls":mbnm07b9 said:
Bright Raven":mbnm07b9 said:

Absolutely. It is not consent, however, many of the harassment and/or misconduct reports include actions on the part of the victim that throw up red flags. Example, the Matt Lauer story. A man asks a woman to unbutton her blouse and she fulfills that request. After that act, the flood gates are now open!

True as it pertains to that particular incident. But I've also heard he locked her in. I also wonder if he was her professional superior. Those two points may mitigate/ outweigh his defense. If she was locked in a room by a superior, she could claim she feared for her safety and complied with the hopes that doing so would bring an end to the incident. My previous statements where intended to be taken in a broader scope, since none of us can claim to know the truth of any particular incident unless we were present.

Boot Jack Bulls":38ufgnwm said:
I have to say, I'm fairly disappointed in this crowd for making light of the situation(s). This type of response is exactly why so many women have just put up with this c**p in the workplace for so long. For every one of the celebs out there being accused, there are thousands more non-celebs that put this on their female co-workers on a regular basis. If the current coverage of the matter causes them to think twice about their behavior, I call that a step in the right direction. Although none of the recent high-profile accusations have been taken to trial, and there are 3 sides to every story (the victim, the antagonist and the truth), victim shaming in sexual assault / mis-conduct is NEVER ok. End of rant!

I am sorry but I must say that there is equal blame on both sides. I have personally had to fire two employees, one man, and one woman because of this Crap in the work place. They were both good employees and I didn't want to lose either of them but I was forced to because of this bu77shizz PC and hurt feelioma.

Rape and sexual harassment in the work place are two different things. If you were raped and know who the perpetrator was and didn't report the crime, does that makes you a accessory to the next rape they commit?
Sounds to me like some folks would rather make excuses to do nothing than to get involved, the right choice isn't always the easy choice. If everyone will fight back sexual harassment will stop. I'm sure sexual harassment has slowed down tremendously in the last few months, why? Because people are fighting back against it, that's why.
Fight back don't be a victim.

True Grit Farms":3aciv6ws said:
Rape and sexual harassment in the work place are two different things. If you were raped and know who the perpetrator was and didn't report the crime, does that makes you a accessory to the next rape they commit?
Sounds to me like some folks would rather make excuses to do nothing than to get involved, the right choice isn't always the easy choice. If everyone will fight back sexual harassment will stop. I'm sure sexual harassment has slowed down tremendously in the last few months, why? Because people are fighting back against it, that's why.
Fight back don't be a victim.

Good save grit... :clap: :clap: :D

I get what grit is saying you cannot stop a predator if nobody speaks up, but not that long ago say late 90s there was victim shaming from the White House of all places, I'm sure that was not very encouraging for women to speak up

What goes on between men and women in the work place, be it white collar or blue collar, is not a revelation! The nature of it has a broad face. It is impossible to divide the blame on any proportion but women harbor some blame. Its naive to not recognize the cases of women initiating flirting and voluntarily engage in sexual misconduct. Some even find it playful. :D

So let's not be naive. What is not acceptable is using position to gain sexual favors. Men who use a position of power to intimidate, badger, and harass a woman is wrongful. This gets back on point to Grit's statement. Grit is correct. In the state of things today, she needs to slap the shyt out of the guy, report him, etc. Every circumstance is unique, there are scenarios where taking action is difficult. It should not be that way, but Grit is correct. Women need to take action.

Having said all that, we all know that 90 percent of the high profile cases are related to money! Matt Lauer has probably spent the week making out-of-public settlements. My guess is his personal worth went down 50 percent this week.

'As ye sow, so shall ye reap' fits him to a T!

M & P":1xdmr2tz said:
I get what grit is saying you cannot stop a predator if nobody speaks up, but not that long ago say late 90s there was victim shaming from the White House of all places, I'm sure that was not very encouraging for women to speak up

Quite a standard they set wasn't it?

I was in an uncomfortable situation yesterday.
The back story:
A little over a month ago, my blood thinner was changed from Plavix to Xarelto, and I've also and always will be on the 81mg asprin routine. 2 weeks later, I went to pee one night and my urine was unmistakably colored dark red--blood. A first for me in my lifetime and it was a shock. Called my cardio doc and she told me to immediately stop the xarelto and be in her office the next morning for blood work and submit a urine sample. Long story short, she referred me to a urologist to see if something's going on with kidney or bladder as Xarelto itself doesn't cause bleeding. Hard to get a doc appointment quickly so it took until yesterday to see a urologist. Went in he did the usual workup and questions and his nurse took some more blood, then told me to go to the checkout so the office girl could set up a referral for a catscan.

She's a comparatively young woman behind a counter, sitting at her computer, looking for ph# and fax# for my cardiologists, and looking up at me asking me questions. I'm 6'4". She's about 32" in front of me, and she's down at office chair level, and has this kinda lowcut blouse on that's showing way more cleavage than I was comfortable looking at. It was impossible, to talk directly down to her without seeing it--Cleavage. This is NOT her, but a pic off the web of a lady that is a little older but that is pretty representative of what she was wearing and showing, except I was looking down at her from above, and the girl yesterday was showing a bit more than this one. It made me both self conscious and more than a little uncomfortable considering all that has been in the news lately.

Told my wife about it, and she just said "Just look her in the eyes when you talk to her."
Me: "Field of vision isn't tunnel vision--the farther the distance the more is seen--impossible NOT to see it."
I guess I'm just going to hell.

I figure the purpose for wearing those low cut tops is to make it easier for you to see them....just don't say anything.

greybeard":ju9gilrl said:
I was in an uncomfortable situation yesterday.
The back story:
A little over a month ago, my blood thinner was changed from Plavix to Xarelto, and I've also and always will be on the 81mg asprin routine. 2 weeks later, I went to pee one night and my urine was unmistakably colored dark red--blood. A first for me in my lifetime and it was a shock. Called my cardio doc and she told me to immediately stop the xarelto and be in her office the next morning for blood work and submit a urine sample. Long story short, she referred me to a urologist to see if something's going on with kidney or bladder as Xarelto itself doesn't cause bleeding. Hard to get a doc appointment quickly so it took until yesterday to see a urologist. Went in he did the usual workup and questions and his nurse took some more blood, then told me to go to the checkout so the office girl could set up a referral for a catscan.

She's a comparatively young woman behind a counter, sitting at her computer, looking for ph# and fax# for my cardiologists, and looking up at me asking me questions. I'm 6'4". She's about 32" in front of me, and she's down at office chair level, and has this kinda lowcut blouse on that's showing way more cleavage than I was comfortable looking at. It was impossible, to talk directly down to her without seeing it--Cleavage. This is NOT her, but a pic off the web of a lady that is a little older but that is pretty representative of what she was wearing and showing, except I was looking down at her from above, and the girl yesterday was showing a bit more than this one. It made me both self conscious and more than a little uncomfortable considering all that has been in the news lately.

Told my wife about it, and she just said "Just look her in the eyes when you talk to her."
Me: "Field of vision isn't tunnel vision--the farther the distance the more is seen--impossible NOT to see it."
I guess I'm just going to be nice.

Laughing. Hehehe Ha! There is no such thing as too much cleavage. It falls in the same category as too much Ammo! And I always look and always will. Having said that, it has caused a couple of my more memorable and more regrettable life experiences.

I don't remember who it was now, but one of the old now deceased comedians always referred to it as "my old friend Cleavage"

greybeard":1xkw2qyp said:
I don't remember who it was now, but one of the old now deceased comedians always referred to it as "my old friend Cleavage"

An old friend of mine, he is 80 now, was a kind of a shadetree philosopher. And yes, he was a womanizer. He said this:

An unmarried woman who shows too much cleavage is trying to look good.

A married woman who shows too much cleavage is saying "I need some spice in my life."

Just because you're too old to cut the mustard doesn;t mean you can;t lick the jar

Latest posts