Voters welcome ban on illegal immigrant leases

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus/Brangus":2vrtehm3 said:
Good article! I have a cousin that lives in Farmers Branch and he's very active in this effort to remove illegal immigrants from the area. It's a tough fight.

Unfortunately, they are up against,special interest Hispanic groups that are American on paper but still call themselves Mexicans. These groups are providing the huge sums of money to fight the effort of upholding the law against illegal immigration.

To me, this illegal immigration business (and it's sounding more and more like a business) is obviously gonna have to be reckoned with in baby steps by the grassroots...'cause we sure aren't getting anything from the politicians who supposedly represent us.

Look at the pockets that are being lined by illegal immigration...and now the pockets that are gonna be lined by the lawyers. All of the resources and time and political wrangling is being spent overseas...while the country is sinking further into a mess.

Governors of the states are beginning to feel the pinch because their national guards are gutted and left without equipment. And that's just part of it.

One of the comments made on this article was eery. The commentor said that middle eastern terrorists are paying mexican coyotes to smuggle them in. All these terrorists have to learn to make it is "no comprende...no habla ingles." So much for keeping the "war on terror" out of the United States!

Alice

You may may not be surprised to hear that many Middle Easterners have already been caught trying to cross the Southern border. Its only a matter of time before this "war on terror" is proven to be dismally ineffective and has only helped the extremists cause to recruit more. You make a great point Alice about the National Guard being gutted because it is. Its sad when the current regime running this country cares more about Iraqis and their oil than they do about the country itself. Another devastating terrorist attack will happen, its just a matter of time.

Cow_Town":16v2r0v9 said:
You may may not be surprised to hear that many Middle Easterners have already been caught trying to cross the Southern border. Its only a matter of time before this "war on terror" is proven to be dismally ineffective and has only helped the extremists cause to recruit more. You make a great point Alice about the National Guard being gutted because it is. Its sad when the current regime running this country cares more about Iraqis and their oil than they do about the country itself. Another devastating terrorist attack will happen, its just a matter of time.

You're right...I'm not surprised to hear about Middle Easterners being brought in by coyotes. Coyotes are without conscience, anyway...what do they care who they smuggle in and how they do it! :mad:

Alice

Heard it on the news yesterday, the folks opposing the law are taking it to the Feds. They say local governments have no power on immagration matters. I hope they fall on their faces.

Alan

The special interest groups opposing this cant see that the illegals are hurting American born Latinos too so they just try and turn it into a discrimination issue. They need to quit acting like blacks do in similar situations. I live and work and am friends with a large American born Mexican population and they are great people and believe me when I tell you they by and large support immigration enforcement too.

Now this is a law, it will doubtlessly go through the courts to determine whether or not it is constitutional. I like the idea that there is a town that is taking a stand on illegals but I know that it was grandstanding on the part of some local politician trying to make a name for himself. Where I work, if you took all the illegal's kids out of school, it would make a significant dent in student population. So many kids here don't speak English, it is unreal. Really messes with the TAKS grades, too.

I don't know that passing a law will do any good. I don't like it any more than anyone else, but illegals are here to stay and I don't see any stopping them law or no law.

Lammie":208a0y8b said:
Now this is a law, it will doubtlessly go through the courts to determine whether or not it is constitutional. I like the idea that there is a town that is taking a stand on illegals but I know that it was grandstanding on the part of some local politician trying to make a name for himself. Where I work, if you took all the illegal's kids out of school, it would make a significant dent in student population. So many kids here don't speak English, it is unreal. Really messes with the TAKS grades, too.

I don't know that passing a law will do any good. I don't like it any more than anyone else, but illegals are here to stay and I don't see any stopping them law or no law.

So, then, how does it affect No Child Left Behind?

Alice

I voted for Bush twice, but I have really lost respect for the guy. His big statement that blew it for me was "family values don't stop at the border". They should stop there, this is the United States of America, not the USA/Mexico.

JMO,
Alan

Angus/Brangus":2kg878nl said:
Good article! I have a cousin that lives in Farmers Branch and he's very active in this effort to remove illegal immigrants from the area. It's a tough fight.

Unfortunately, they are up against,special interest Hispanic groups that are American on paper but still call themselves Mexicans. These groups are providing the huge sums of money to fight the effort of upholding the law against illegal immigration.

They can call themselves whatever they want, but he's up against businesses that want cheap labor.

If an illegal shows up looking for a job and has the right identification, you can't refuse him the job simply based on his race. I imagine the same thing will happen with housing. You're putting the landlord in the place of the US government who should be stopping them at the border.

On a positive note, I did read that the number of people coming across illegally has been cut in half in the last year or so.

Alice":190ovh6t said:
Lammie":190ovh6t said:

So, then, how does it affect No Child Left Behind?

Good question. Your daughter would probably be better to answer that. I am sure that Rio Vista is in the same boat, demographic wise. I think that there are groups and subgroups and a certain number of those kids in that group are expected to not do well. In special ed we can modify the tests. We have a lot of ESL kids here and I don't really deal with them. I had a biology class where there was one student that had to translate for another from time to time. I had a homeless student who lived in a bus. That was interesting. Very poor people around here.

Alice

Is the iron curtain completely destroyed now? Is there a chance we could lease it from Germany?

That sounds awful. But that is what it is coming to. We cannot keep out terrorists and the like. Seems the whole U.S. is going to become a gated community.

Latest posts