Vote for or against

Help Support CattleToday:

504RP

Reaction score
Would you vote for or against having the choice of buying American made products that are made in America under the quailty control guidelines that factory's used in the 70's and pay the same prices for thoes products that you are paying for poor quailty imported products from other countries now ?

For or Against ?

I would vote for. Buy American and Americans work. But that is what tariffs do. The argument against tariffs say the the country selling the imported goods does pay them the consumer here does. That is true if the consumer buys the cheap made imported goods. What it really does is make those cheap imported goods cost as much (or maybe more) as higher quality American made products.

I hate having to buy thing twice due to failure of the first. End up spending more when you try to save a few bucks anyway. Buy it right the first time.

Would you vote for or against having the choice of buying American made products that are made in America under the quality control guidelines that factory's used in the 70's and pay the same prices for those products that you are paying for poor quality imported products from other countries now ?

For or Against ?
I don't understand the question. Too wordy, but I quality controlled the spelling.

Consumers vote with their Dollars every day.

Would you vote for or against having the choice of buying American made products that are made in America under the quailty control guidelines that factory's used in the 70's and pay the same prices for thoes products that you are paying for poor quailty imported products from other countries now ?

For or Against ?

How are you going to accomplish that? If comparable quality products could be made here for the same cost as overseas no one would have them made overseas. It wouldn't make sense economically.

Vote for and I would pay double for everything to import nothing from overseas. What most people don't realize is that they would have more money that way. If it all stays stateside there is a whole lot more to go around.

For or Against ?
I'm old enough to remember some of the '70's and the poor quality of a lot of the domestically made vehicles. If it weren't for competition from abroad we'd still be driving junk.
Which isn't to say I don't try to buy Canadian every chance I get. It will be pricey but worth it. Not sure where the answer is, but probably somewhere in the middle. If a country doesn't import how is it going to export?

How are you going to accomplish that? If comparable quality products could be made here for the same cost as overseas no one would have them made overseas. It wouldn't make sense economically.
From what i can tell from the prices of most products that i bought like work boots, lawn mowers, and other products that were good quality made American made products. Were sold for the same prices that the poorly cloned look alike products made in other countries and then imported back to the U.S and sold.

Like someone here on the forum pointed out. The reason these companies like the one that makes Redwing boots for example moved their factories to China was because of cheaper labor, cheaper materials, less enviromental restrictions. That company can make cheap poor quality red wing boots alot cheaper in China that are poor Quality made, poor quality materials. And then import them back to the U.S and sale them under the Red wing brand to people that is under the assumption that these imported boots are the same quality American made boots that made them popular to begin with.

Some red wing boots are still made in America is what i have been told. I don't know if they are as good of a quality boot as they were back in the 80's or not. The imported Red wings diffinately nothing but trash.

So the answer to your question is that there is no comparison in the quailty of foreign made, imported products to alot of American made products like for instance the red wing boots i used as an example. The only thing that is comparable is the price. American consumers are still paying top dollar( same price's ) for example these red wing boots that are of poor quality made in China boots that American consumers were paying for these top quality American well made boots made in America.

Thats how it was before crooks that started this scam on the unknowing American consumers.

For or Against ?
America just voted against your idea. Your thinking doesn't line as many pockets with our tax dollars recycling through foreign aid to the swamp.
Just google how many countries we pay with our tax dollars.
25 million Americans are out of work that want jobs.
Our politicians hold stimulus money at bay over Covid litigation while still pushing money to foreign countries.
The irony is we had done this to ourselves.

I guess i am just going to stand by the old saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. And add little to that old saying. I have seen some horses die of thirst just because they were to stupid to drink .

Latest posts