Violence on Mexico / US border

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Arvin West, Hudsputh County sherriff down in Texas, is advising farmers along the border to arm themselves. He was on Greta Van Susteren last night. He is expecting the border violence on the Mexican side to spill over into the U.S. and more incidences like the Arizona rancher getting killed. I wonder how many of you Texas ranchers are taking that advice or have you already been doing that. He says that lots of folks from below the border are fleeing to the US side to escape the violence. He fears that some of these folks are involved and will be followed by the cartel hit-men. He said that there was a conservative estimate of some 600 people killed in the Valley area across from his part of Texas. I have no idea where that is at but he says many of those killed where just innocent folks caught in the crossfire. I think that you ranchers that are a good distance from the border should still take that advice.

HOSS":28n8zevj said:
Arvin West, Hudsputh County sherriff down in Texas, is advising farmers along the border to arm themselves. He was on Greta Van Susteren last night. He is expecting the border violence on the Mexican side to spill over into the U.S. and more incidences like the Arizona rancher getting killed. I wonder how many of you Texas ranchers are taking that advice or have you already been doing that. He says that lots of folks from below the border are fleeing to the US side to escape the violence. He fears that some of these folks are involved and will be followed by the cartel hit-men. He said that there was a conservative estimate of some 600 people killed in the Valley area across from his part of Texas. I have no idea where that is at but he says many of those killed where just innocent folks caught in the crossfire. I think that you ranchers that are a good distance from the border should still take that advice.
Pretty sad state of affairs when common citizens and ranch owners have to defend their property from an alien army silently taking us over.

Crowderfarms":337rdtnn said:
Pretty sad state of affairs when common citizens and ranch owners have to defend their property from an alien army silently taking us over.

Innocent folks on both sides of the border are getting caught up in it. If we go to war (we need to clean it all up) more innocent folks will be caught up in it.

This is a lose/lose situation either way. We can not go on just letting it continue. The government there is corrupt at best. Lip service from liars has gone on way too long.

Jim62":zevwrpn6 said:
.. The government there is corrupt at best.".....

THERE ??
i guess that view would depend on which side your standing on at the moment ,,, you could actually hop across back and forth and be correct either way :cowboy:

alacattleman":2is997ek said:
Jim62":2is997ek said:
.. The government there is corrupt at best.".....

THERE ??
i guess that view would depend on which side your standing on at the moment ,,, you could actually hop across back and forth and be correct either way :cowboy:

You're both right.

HOSS":k43efszf said:

Well Hoss I live all the way north of the border,close to the Red River and been taking that advise for a bunch of years.I see more and more reason everyday to not be taken advantage of.Besides all that it is my right.

Cal

.... about 5 or 10 years late....

When I was young my dad always carried an old .22 for snakes or coyotes. Now the farmers and ranchers carry ARs and semi-auto pistols. A rattlesnake is no longer the biggest concern. Its amazing the fire power riding around in some of these pick up trucks around here... and we are several hours up.

Latest posts