Vikes vs. Saints

Help Support CattleToday:

novaman

Reaction score
I'm predicting the Vikes are going to pull out a tough one. Favre has been playing outstanding and I have a feeling they did a lot of work this week on getting the running game going. I am a bit worried with the injuries being reported. Hopefully they can get on the field and contribute. As for the other game I don't really like either team. I guess I'll have to take the Jets because I really don't want to see Peyton in the SB. Honestly, the AFC doesn't much matter because it is my opinion that the NFC will win the SB regardless of who represents the conference.

Pretty hard to bet against Favre-Vikings have something Arizona doesn't a 'DEFENCE'-Dree Brees has an awesome set of receivers-going to be a good one. If the Jets D plays up and Sanchez doesn't force his passes they have a chance.

This is a tough one to pick.
On the one hand, Vikes are coming off a good game and Favre has the experience edge.
On the other: Drew Brees Reggie Bush and a Superdome which will be louder than a flight deck.
The line I saw made the Saints 3 1/2 point favorites.
I'll say Saints by a field goal. Sorry Misty. Sorry Angie.

The Jets could beat the Colts.
I bought a Powerball ticket, so I could win the lottery.
About the same odds.
Colts 24
Jets 10

john250":3lnlpqoa said:
Blah blah blah...my avatar looks like she is tied at the stake....blah blah blah
And you are right nm ~ :cowboy: said as much the other day the NFC will win the SB regardless of who represents the conference.

Vikes all the way!!

angie":3iekhhfv said:
john250":3iekhhfv said:
Blah blah blah...my avatar looks like she is tied at the stake....blah blah blah
And you are right nm ~ :cowboy: said as much the other day the NFC will win the SB regardless of who represents the conference.

Vikes all the way!!

Don't be pickin' on my avatar.

If the Vikes defense comes to play- and play like they did last week- they can't be beat- and will end up Super Bowl Champs...

Oldtimer":1tqo141z said:
If the Vikes defense comes to play- and play like they did last week- they can't be beat- and will end up Super Bowl Champs...
I sure hope your right. It has been a long wait. I've heard it said that the conference championships are usually better games than the SB ends up being. I think that will be the case this year. The Saints defense is not as good as people are making it out to be. They can come up with the big turnovers but other than that they are very average. In fact, some would say they are weak on the defensive side. I sure hope the Vikes can get some points on the board early to quiet the crowd and put some pressure on the Saints. I heard Harvin is traveling with the team so I'm betting he will be suited up and ready to go. I'm such a die hard fan of the Vikes, I'm pushing my milking time back a couple hours just so I can watch the game. It better be a worthwhile move!

Hey John, don't overlook them Jets. It seems a lock that Peyton will mow them over but they are feisty and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them get the Colts in this one. Everyone handed last weeks game to the Chargers and look what happened. I think the Colts need to establish a running game in order to come out with a W. Revis will shut down half the field so the Jets are going to blanket the opposite side and Peyton will have tough throws to make.

novaman":5siys7e1 said:
Hey John, don't overlook them Jets. It seems a lock that Peyton will mow them over but they are feisty and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them get the Colts in this one. Everyone handed last weeks game to the Chargers and look what happened. I think the Colts need to establish a running game in order to come out with a W. Revis will shut down half the field so the Jets are going to blanket the opposite side and Peyton will have tough throws to make.

I don't know why the Colts should start running now. :)
Seems they've tried all year and haven't had much luck running. :(
Revis will live in Reggie Waynes pocket, but that leaves several other good receivers. He can't cover them all.
I'm not overlooking the Jets, but the Colts starters will play 4 quarters today.

I'm looking forward to both games. I didn't get into any playoff fantasy leagues this year. Just wanted to enjoy the games and get a feel for the ebb and flow without worrying about individual stats.

I wouldn't take the Jets lightly. They beat a very good, and very hot, Chargers team last week by forcing them to play the Jets style. The way I see it, if the Colts get up 2 or 3 touchdowns early, it's over. Jets aren't a come from behind type team. But if it's close going into the fourth quarter, it could get interesting. Colts 27, Jets 13.

Vikings- Saints is pretty much a tossup in my mind. Most people focus on Favre and Brees but I think the defenses will be the key. Vikings have the better defense overall from what I've seen but the Saints have the type that causes a lot of turnovers. If Favre resorts to his old ways and throws 2 or 3 picks, or Peterson fumbles a couple of times, which he's prone to do, it could get ugly. If Favre takes whats given to him and the Vikings hang on to the ball, I think they'll win. I think the Vikings D line will put enough pressure on Brees to keep him somewhat in check and I think Favre will make good decisions like he has all year. Vikings 30, Saints 24.

I don't really care who wins either game, but I'll root for the Colts for John's sake. I'll root for the Vikings for two reasons. One, I've never liked the Saints. Can't put my finger on why, but it's always been there. Two, the thought of Bret Favre winning a Super Bowl in a Vikings uniform is enough to make a certain Packer fan I know physically ill. As a Bears fan, that'll make me smile.

I don't like expansion teams. I hope the Vikes and Colts go to the Super Bowl. Then I'll be for the Vikes because I'm still holding a grudge against the Colts for switching from the NFC to the AFC. That's right, I don't like change.:D

ga. prime":2c02m38k said:
I don't like expansion teams. I hope the Vikes and Colts go to the Super Bowl. Then I'll be for the Vikes because I'm still holding a grudge against the Colts for switching from the NFC to the AFC. That's right, I don't like change.:D

I'm with you. I usually root for the teams that were around when I was growing up.

VanC":1eot0cak said:
ga. prime":1eot0cak said:

I'm with you. I usually root for the teams that were around when I was growing up.
And didn;t move from their home, like the colts did, or the rams or the lakers or the dodgers or.................

Lets go Saints! being a Mississippi boy I love the Saints but if they happen to lose :( I will still Root for Brett Favre of course! SO really for mississippi folks its a win win !!

Mighty close on the score there VanC. You said 27-14 and the final was 30-17.
NYJets were the number 1 defence and the Colts scored 30.
NYJets were the number 1 running game and the Colts outgained them 101 yds to 87 yds.

john250":3hhfc9gk said:
Mighty close on the score there VanC. You said 27-14 and the final was 30-17.
NYJets were the number 1 defence and the Colts scored 30.
NYJets were the number 1 running game and the Colts outgained them 101 yds to 87 yds.

Thought the Colts were in big trouble down 17-6, but both the defense and offense responded well and dominated the rest of the game. Stopping the Jets running game was huge. No doubt who the best team in the AFC is this year. I got a feeling the Vikings-Saints winner will be a slight favorite in the Super Bowl, but it should be a heckuva game. Good luck.

Could have been worse. Thw vikes could have turned it over 6 times instead of only 5

Well that was a disappointment. The Vikes outplayed the Saints, just couldn't hang on to the ball. I know it doesn't matter now but I say the pass interference call in OT was a very bad call. The pass setting up the winning FG was incomplete too. I guess those sort of things will usually go in favor of the home team. Just wish Favre would have pulled the ball down and ran for a couple yards at the end of regulation. Would have been interesting to see if Longwell could have hit the 55 yarder. I think Favre is going to call it quits. If he does the Vikes are back to a decent team with no QB and won't get this deep in the season for awhile.

Very disappointing. I agree with nova, two bad calls in OT favoring the Saints. The Vikings had their chances in regulation and couldn't cash in. Championship opportunities don't come around often.

Latest posts