Video of our Corral Setup

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Well, most of it anyways. The start of the video shows where we calve the cows out, down the hill. You can't see much of it, its too far away and the snow makes everything too bright. What you can really see are the sorting pens, which we will use to put cows in to calve if we need, depending on the weather. The barn (behind the camera) you can see the small door that we use to put cows inside when the weather is bad (cold, windy, wet) or if we need to assist something. Plus I added a video of the barn, or what you can see of it on the video. There are actuall 4 stalls 10x10 and 10x12 on this side, and 2 more 10x10 stalls on the other side of the barn, which you can't see. If we put something in again tonight, I will try for a video then.
Corral video
http://youtu.be/QupYxlsQllc

Barn video, it's really boring... lol
http://youtu.be/QupYxlsQllc

Im set up the same way, I have a "wing" fence to help get them into the first pen from the lot. helps a bunch when you are doing it yourself. I can run them in, put them in a chute, doctor them, pull a calf,....by myself if I have to. (I don't pull calves in the chute though).

We have it set up pretty good. It's taken us 10 years to get it right, mostly... One person can usually manage a cow right from the bottom of the calving paddock. It is narrow enough that you can usually get them up. And if you can't you can bring the whole bunch up and sort her from there. Once she's in the corral, one person can handle even the nastiest cows pretty safely.

Diesel, that would be snow, lol.... We are handling 300 cows this year, gotta have a setup for that.

eewwwww..snow...it gets cold to do that dont it.....no thank you! at least i can sit in the shade when it 95 and 90% humidity

Haha, I get to sit by a fire and warm up.... and whine about the weather, wishing it was summer, then when it gets to 95 in the summer (30% humidity) whine about the weather and wish it was winter....

Latest posts