Veal

Help Support CattleToday:

No body cooks/eats veal?????
I tried the ground veal, wow. Very tasty. But would like some tips/recipes on the other cuts. Google gets me some very elaborate "Italian" type recipes. Would like to hear from some real people.....

I can't help you with veal, however I did find a couple of recipies for possum over the weekend. I'm just got to post them. :lol:

grannysoo":218m0sd0 said:
I can't help you with veal, however I did find a couple of recipies for possum over the weekend. I'm just got to post them. :lol:
Thanks but a possum looks too much like a giant rat to me! Ick.

ga. prime":1qr8yndo said:
Veal Scallopini is pretty tasty. Wish I knew how to make it.

I wish you did too! I have never had Scallopini but have had folks say that they liked it. This is all new to me with the veal thing....
I found this site: http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,v ... ni,FF.html
Seems like they pound the crap out of it and smother it with stuff! Mine is already pretty tender, would think pounding would turn it to mush. Guess I will just need to do some experimenting...

I love veal too, but it is hard as heck to find. OK the reason why you would pound it is to get it all to one thickness and it will cook more evenly.

As for recipes I love Veal Parmasan (sp?)

1c. italian style bread crumbs
1/2c. parmasen cheese
2 eggs beaten
If you can't find the italian style bread cumbs, you can use regular and add dry italian salad dressing to it.

Put veal between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to 1/8 of an inch thick. Do all of it, so it will be ready.
Dip the veal in the egg first then into the bread crumbs, making sure you coat it well.
Heat a large skillet. Add 2T olive oil. Add veal and cook until lightly brown, turn and continue cooking until done. It will cook quickly.
serve over cooked spaghetti and top with spaghetti sauce and top with mozzerella cheese.
Look under my Italian Burgers for a sauce.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!! I will try that. I decided to keep a quarter and try it as I have never had veal. Boy what I have used so far is impressive tasting.
I need to try to sell the other three quarters.

I luv herfrds":gmn3njl9 said:
Dang you are too far away, or I would take you up on some of that veal.
I am not even sure how much to ask for it!? Wish you were closer too, I would give you a good deal....
Wonder how much it would cost to ship a quarter?? (About 84#)

Latest posts