Vaping....

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb said:
They come in different flavors? :eek: Have never vaped...do you get a menthol?
It seems in the news a lot of lung problems are showing up and vaping is suspect...I don't smoke or vape and it seems these companies will go to what ever lengths to sell their products. Some of the flavors would sound very attractive to a lot of people I would guess.

Hundreds of flavors to pick from...

https://www.vapewild.com/vape-flavors/

I've tried the plain tobacco and it's fairly good. This was 6 years ago though.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
TexasBred said:
Quit smoking almost two years ago and have never vaped.

I'm proud of you for quitting.

TT spent 5 days in the hospital with pneumonia. The decision to quit was easy with that good start. Never had the urge to "vape" .

I like the tobacco flavors, won't catch me with bubblegum, grape or whatever else.

So there have been a bunch of cases all of a sudden, with MILLIONS of people vaping, and this suddenly popping up, I think there's something else going on, it would be far more widespread otherwise.
I don't consider it a health product by any means, but less unhealthy than tobacco... I never had a real burning desire to quit cigarettes, I still smoke real stuff on friday nights and such, I'm under a pack a week now... it is cheaper.

Nesikep said:
I like the tobacco flavors, won't catch me with bubblegum, grape or whatever else.

So there have been a bunch of cases all of a sudden, with MILLIONS of people vaping, and this suddenly popping up, I think there's something else going on, it would be far more widespread otherwise.
I don't consider it a health product by any means, but less unhealthy than tobacco... I never had a real burning desire to quit cigarettes, I still smoke real stuff on friday nights and such, I'm under a pack a week now... it is cheaper.
i agree with nesi. vaping has been around for years, now all of a sudden it's in the news every day. i don't trust what's in the news and figure there is probably some ulterior motive for the narrative being put out.

ccr said:
Nesikep said:

i agree with nesi. vaping has been around for years, now all of a sudden it's in the news every day. i don't trust what's in the news and figure there is probably some ulterior motive for the narrative being put out.

Most of the cases around here involve people vaping things that aren't produced by the established manufacturers. Lots of people that were using a THC product, one kid that tried to vape alcohol in a high school bathroom (he almost died), and people buying cheap Chinese knockoff products.

People have been eating, inhaling, and injecting unfamiliar substances since the beginning of time. I'm sure it took a lot of courage (or stupidity) to be the first person to drink beer, or eat cheese, or use anesthetic drugs, but our lives are better for these volunteer guinea pigs. Keep vaping, kids. ;-)

Not sure why one would vape when you can still by chewing tobacco. Never been in a place that didn't allow you to have a dip.

I never liked chewing.. Most places don't like when you spit though!
And at the price of chewing tobacco around here, jeebus!

Vaping, smoking, chewing...it's all the same, as it turns out. Vaping is bad for you,too, but in a different, scary way. No one knows exactly what chemicals are in e-cigarettes that are making people so sick. 90% of e-cigarettes for vaping are made in China. That should tell you whether or not it's a good idea right there.

The teens around here thought vaping was safer, so they got into it like crazy. Cigarette companies couldn't target kids anymore, but the vaping wasn't as restricted, so, the companies targeted kids. That's just sick. And, now, there is a consequence for some people.

Your suspicions about the timing shouldn't be a concern. It takes many cases over time to build a theory. Connecting dots between patients. So many things were out for years before there was a correlation discovered. The THC is a concern, but when those patients were eliminated, there was still an issue. You may not like the media, but they are good at sounding a warning call when there appears to be a health issue.

Vaping goes in easy, but is actually hot on the lungs which can cause damage.
I don't think there is any correlation to THC being a health risk - contrary - it is a great benefit for many things. So far, I don't have any health issues, but if I do, I won't be afraid to try THC products. Not necessarily vaping. Gave up smoking, don't really want to put any kind of product into my lungs.

I think there are many more cases of people becoming ill from vaping but it was not getting reported. But there have been lots of reports of lung disease, seizures, pneumonia, ect. It is alarming to me to see so many teenagers vaping. They think that vaping is some how healthy. I recruit for a training program. Vaping is not allowed on the campus. While interviewing potential students, I find that many are vaping. Many have been having pneumonia episodes. A couple have started having seizures. None think it is due to their vaping. They all blame the weather for the pneumonia. So now the ones with the seizures are getting medical marijuana licenses. They say that the weed is the only thing controlling their seizures. They dont understand why they wont be allowed to use their marijuana at the training site. We are a government facility and everyone is drug tested. Trying to convince teenagers that if they would stop vaping they could probably stop the marijuana and not have seizures is like talking to a wall.

I started vaping last March after smoking for almost 20 years. I feel better and can breath better. The brand I use has a higher concentration of nicotine so you get less "smoke" and crap in your lungs. It's also cheaper, doesn't smell, doesn't turn your teeth brown, and is likely better for you. I believe people started vaping in Europe before the US and I have heard nothing proving it causes any health problems. The recent stuff on the news has been THC vapes bought from drug dealers. I'm not losing sleep over my nicotine addiction.

Latest posts