Van Gogh

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
I now know why Van Gogh sliced off his ear. It was not because of a woman, or by Gauguin in a fight, or in a fit of lunacy. He had a middle ear infection :nod: :nod:

We went swimming last weekend in some warm natural springs and I've had an aching ear ever since, eventually succumbed to a prescription of anti biotics today. This is sooo in my head, can't hear except for an irritating buzzing, it will make a person dilly...I have the knife ready :nod: :nod: :lol:

Sorry, Ali. We always called it swimmer's ear and you're right, it'll make you want to dig a hole in the side of your head. Mom always put a few drops of alcohol in our ears after swimming to dry the ear out.

alisonb":luqews9b said:
I now know why Van Gogh sliced off his ear. It was not because of a woman, or by Gauguin in a fight, or in a fit of lunacy. He had a middle ear infection :nod: :nod:

We went swimming last weekend in some warm natural springs and I've had an aching ear ever since, eventually succumbed to a prescription of anti biotics today. This is sooo in my head, can't hear except for an irritating buzzing, it will make a person dilly...I have the knife ready :nod: :nod: :lol:

I hope that it clears up soon Ali , must be a real PITA .

Swimming on the warm springs sounds heavenly right about now .

At least it will go away. My ears buzz constantly. I'm pretty much used to it... but boy does it drive me nuts when someone talks about it and then I spend the next two days with a voice inside my head(that I can't hear over the buzzing) screaming "MAKE IT STOP!" Thank you so much for the reminder, alison. :heart:

The ear is still in place and 'opened with a deafening pop' this morning so hearing all good again :D

Slick, I used alcohol drops for the first couple of days, it usually works well but not this time. We also refer to it as 'swimmers ear' here.

HD, it's an archaeological sight closed to the public but we know a guy who knows a guy ;-) , it is something else. It's almost like sitting in a huge jacuzzi except all the little bubbles come out through the riverbed.

Sorry CP, spose when you read this the voices will start again....

Latest posts