Valentines calf!

Help Support CattleToday:

Rosielou

Reaction score
Went to check the cows today and noticed a cow who had been bagging up, was by herself. Surprise! A new calf who was just learning to stand! Momma is sim x angus with white face, calf is a little bull with a white forehead. :banana: When I left he was trying to buck and the wind nearly knocked him over lol. Wasn't expecting him for a few more days. :D

I didn't get a picture of him so here's some pictures of the others. We are 4 heifers and 7 bullcalves so far. :banana:
f1 tiger x black angus. red heifer.
tumblr_n0yfrqqDJk1rdftrko1_1280.jpg

beefmaster cross x black angus(not the one born today). black bullcalf.
tumblr_n0g8gs9LZB1rdftrko1_500.jpg

british white(maybe crossed) x black angus. spotted heifer.
tumblr_mzb9cncLYX1rdftrko2_500.jpg

cow is an f1 & angus x black angus. black bullcalf. Momma is the cow in background with white udder. first calf heifer.
tumblr_n0g8egAIlP1rdftrko2_250.jpg

british white x angus cow(we think) x black angus. spotted heifer. my personal favorite and also was born a day or so before my birthday.
tumblr_n0yg5fF4Ge1rdftrko1_500.jpg

I had two Valantine's Day calves. One out of older cow AngusxHereford heifer. The other Reg. Angus heifer mommas first seemed to be doing OK before I left for work, got back home found it dead. Oh well. :bang: B&G

I like those British white crosses you have and it is always nice to have a new calf. Had one born on Feb. 15, she is doing good so far.

It's always hard to lose one, especially money wise. Sorry to hear that!
Thanks for the compliments! The spotted ones are always my favorites :D I have one more bagging up and we still have 3-4 to calve. We are lucky this year with the exception of one born blind in one eye, but I'm not complaining!

Latest posts